New for 2003? Marantz SR-8300? Someone say something?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zach Dunham, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Zach Dunham

Zach Dunham Auditioning

I have talked to an aquaintance of mine who is a dealer and I asked about the 8200. He then goes on to mention new product of 8300 (300 series) products comming from Marantz. There is no info on their website and would like to find out more about this word of mouth new line before I start of obsolete from the get go on this upgrade I am planning. Does anyone know of or heard of anything about this yet and where can we find additional info on soon to be new year 2003's out? Anyon Anyone?[​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Change your font, that stuff is HUGE.

I have heard nothing about an 8300. They have announced the 4300-7300, but for the x200 series, the 8200 and 9200 were a few months behind the others. I would expect the same this time around.

3. Iain

Iain Agent

John,

Where have Marantz announced the 4300-7300 line? I'm holding off from buying a 5200 until the 5300s come out, but I cannot get an answer from Marantz on when. All I've managed so far is to drool at the specs on Marantz's European web-site.

Thanks, Iain

4. John Garcia

John
  5. Iain

Iain Agent

Thanks for the link John. Found the following at the end. Here's the official release info (copied from Juan M's post of the CEDIA announcement):

6. John Garcia

John
    They said Oct., but I have not seen or heard an actual date. I REALLY want to go audition a 7300! [​IMG] I'll have to check with my local Marantz dealers and see if they know anything.

7. Zach Dunham

Zach Dunham Auditioning

Dear Mr. John,

Hey I am new at this most excellent forum here. Was the font was way too big and will tone it down.
    I look forward to hearing more on this x300 product but................ secrets or just being held in suspense. I will most likely just go with the 8200 from the get go and doubt I will be disappointed but rather just thrilled when I do finally pick it up. Thanks for your responses. Zach

8. Iain

Iain Agent

I spoke to a Marantz dealer on Saturday and he'd just received a fax from them that stated:

9. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Second Unit

According to the Euro. web site, it looks like Marantz is jacking up the power eg. 5500 jumps to 90 peer channel rather than the old 85. Looks like all models from the 5300 up will be getting real ES and EX chip this time around. I thought the old generic 6.1 was pretty good. Anyways, I'm wondering with all this stuff on the less expensive models, what will the 8300 and 9300 have? Automatic bread slicer?

10. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Now that most of the formerly "high-end" features have trickled down, the 8/9300 will basically get you better build quality with more robust amplifiers, and the few more calibration tools that THX certification mandates.

Incidentally, a beefier power supply DOES make a difference, even for close models like the 6200 compared to the 5200. I had both in my home (though not at the same time), and my room mates and I noticed that when playing back the same material at high volumes, the 5200 strained a bit and become a little harsh, whereas the 6200 did not. This may seem a little odd because there is only a 20-Watt difference in the published specs, but more telling, there is an approximate four-pound difference in weight, probably all due to moving up a transformer class.

You have to wonder how a small amp like the 4300 can power six speakers... might be good for driving sensitive speakers in small rooms I suppose.

11. AndrewBest

AndrewBest Extra

I guess no one has heard anything about bass-managemnet on these new receivers?

12. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Andrew, do you want to get together with some other people and design a "Receivers need proper bass management" website? I am serious. We need to send the message to the manufacturers. They are using the "what they don't know won't hurt them" way of marketing right now.

13. Zach Dunham

Zach Dunham Auditioning

Hey, I have been busy and away for awhile but I need to take some responsibility here.
    My mistake here. I guess my friend did not mean to imply that there was going to be an 83 or 9300 marantz, but it would lonly go to make sense that...........
    Anyway, yes there is going to be a 5300 and a 6300 and a 7300, etc, etc... but as for 8300 and 9300 receivers, as I like to say, "God only knows" and the big shots at Rockvill, IL.
    Andrew Best:
    Bass Management.
    All I can say is I had owned an older Marantz nowheres near the calaber of where I am today and that older model had Bass managament. I would also say it is safe to assume that the new models will have Bass Managament as a standard option.[​IMG] I could be wrong but, uncommon sense would seem to dictate............ moms choose ovaltine over quick[​IMG] Or Jiff. Z

14. Iain

Iain Agent