New Flintstones & Scooby Doo In March!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Radke, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    According to www.tvshowsondvd.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2605

&

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2606

Frankly, I'm ecstatic that "The Flintstones" is being released so promptly. I've yet to get season 2 but with the third season not far behind, fans of the show can't help but be happy.

Now, it's a totally different situation with the Scooby-Doo set. I'm really disappointed that all of the episodes of "The Scooby-Doo Movies" won't be released. Therefore, if I owned this set, my Scooby-Doo collection would feel incomplete. I was also astounded by the $65 SRP for the set.........for 15 EPISODES. I think that's insane.

Anyway, getting season three of "The Flintstones" is a no-brainer. But I think I'll pass on the Scooby-Doo set. The missing episodes are discouraging enough, but the insale price for an incomplete set just doesn't cut it for me.

2. Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth Supporting Actor

I do not understand what the holdup on the missing episodes for the Scooby Doo Movies is either.

I am also glad to see the Flintstones come out so quickly. Three months between seasons two and three surprises me, but what the hey.

I still would rather see Huck or Yogi get their releases. Maybe the holdup is that they are trying to locate all the opens, closes and bumpers to do it right. I don't know.

Still, I will add the Flintstones set to the collection and keep hoping for Huck and Yogi.

3. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Bravo for the speed and effort that Warner Bros. (Hanna-Barbera) has made to put out The Flintstones Season 3 already (March 2005). I too don't have Season 2 but I have a good feeling I'm getting it for Christmas. The've done a tremendous job with The Flintstones!!

Scooby-Doo, is another story. I was thrilled that the 1st release was a Two season set release. But the newest one, I agree with you that for 15 episodes it's a little over priced.

I just sold my Fat Albert Time-Life 10 DVD collection on ebay. That's it for me for purchasing Best Of's or Collection's. I'm only buying complete season sets from here on out.

I won't be forking over the 65 bucks for a best of...

4. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

This will probably be the same price as I paid for the Scooby Doo Season 1 & 2 last year ($40) so it doesn't really bother me although I do wish the prices were more in line with the more recent releases like Top Cat.

Paul

5. Scott Hamilton

Scott Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

No sale for me on Scooby-Doo with the high list price and not complete set.

I have given up on DVD sets now. Maybe when HD-DVD comes out things will change but I don't see a change anytime soon.

6. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

You may regret that move. It seems many have issues with the new season sets of Fat Albert, complaining that the transfers were made from PAL source to NTSC, causing a somewhat noticeable speed increase, and also reports of "ghosting" in the picture. I have the Time-Life sets and even though they weren't season sets, I'm keeping them because of the great picture quality.

And now back to the Scooby/Flintstones thread. I too am very happy with the speed the Flintstones sets are being released. I was afraid we'd have to wait for 1 set per year, but at this rate we may get the complete 6 seasons by 2006! [​IMG]

7. florence franks

florence franks Stunt Coordinator

Hmm all I wanted is Sonny and Cher episodes to be in scooby doo collection but they are not. Perhaps they were not from that series but another scooby doo. Well good news is they seem to be going in order that means that better quality half hour scooby doo show should be next for box set treatment.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The Secret of Shark Island (with Sonny and Cher) is indeed from this series, and is one of the items missing from the set.

Hey, there's this thread and a separate thread about New Scooby Movies. Maybe an Admin can combine them?