What's new

New Fiona Apple (1 Viewer)

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hearing unofficial word on a message board that her new disc is now slated for April marketing. Anyone here have any word? Anything?

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
"unofficial word" for this and the new u2 is seriously killing me...i know there is another thread somewhere around here that has a link to a damned good article about the making of the album though. apparently it's "all over the place" and its been worked on for a year now. of course, myself being the big p.t. anderson geek i am, i'm curious if there will be another all white page with just "pta" on it...

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator

So, do you know for sure if Fiona and PTA are still together? I heard she bought a house. I heard a rumor that she was dating Jon Brion (her producer) too, but I don't know if that is true either.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
if you want to get into rumors and such-theres one crazy one that says paul cheated on her with the actress from planet of the apes...but i really don't want to derail this thread...sorry, my fault. :b

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
No, I am fully aware of the Estella Warren (sp?) rumor. There is another that Heather Graham (sp? again) was in a club and decided nobody there was worth sleeping with and called up PTA.......true? Who Knows.

If you listen to Fiona's music, it seems that she's not very happy with her relationships. Is it real or just material for a song... I don't know. The songs and rumors coincide. I'd like to know how she is doing though. She means the world to me and I hate to be kept in the dark about how she is doing. I've heard some really scary stories about her. I would really like to know the truth.

Dan B

Screenwriter
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly has a brief interview with Fiona about the new album, titled "Extraordinary Machine", which is due "early summer"...hopefully.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Yeah I saw that too but you don't really think that they're literally sitting around trying to find a single do you? :) I suppose they're making music videos or something, but I'm sure there's more to it than that...or maybe not! Maybe this is why CDs cost so much, we are paying for these guys in suits to stick their thumbs up their asses.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I doubt they're making any music videos and doing prep work for it - since they'd have to first choose a single.

Doesn't sound like Sony is going to put much of a push behind this CD. It's fine with me, I don't need to see Fiona plastered everywhere and whore herself... but I would like the actual CD to get released already.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
As of now the new record is currently shelved according to Fiona Has Wings, I believe we'll see this album next year. Sony has a history of sitting on albums by female artist that doesn't meet their preconceived expectations. That's exactly what happened with Lauryn Hill's Unplugged disc, a year from it's original inception.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I don't think that's a fair comparision as Lauryn Hill's Unplugged was generally regarded as a complete & utter mess...

Jason Garrett

Stunt Coordinator
If you read the message board I think you'll find that the consensus of opinion is that Sony is trying to plan the strategic marketing of the album. That may be my optimistic assessment of opinions. I think we’ll see it before the end of the year.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well the title track "Extraordinary Machine" was released on the net yesterday/today.

Doubt it was with Sony's consent - but who knows?

Of course, I had to get my Fiona fix so I downloaded it ;)

It's different, yet it still feels familiar and it definitely has that Fiona vibe to it.
I was hooked after the first listen.

I can't wait till this CD get's released!

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well the title track "Extraordinary Machine" was released on the net yesterday/today.

Doubt it was with Sony's consent - but who knows?

Of course, I had to get my Fiona fix so I downloaded it ;)

It's different, yet it still feels familiar and it definitely has that Fiona vibe to it.
I was hooked after the first listen.

I can't wait till this CD get's released!

George See

Second Unit

Wow...all I can say is Wow, just got ahold of the track. Waiting for her new album just became 10 times more painfull. If any more of this album leaks out we may be looking at another situation like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Where everyone seems to know it's amazing except the record company who's sitting on it.

I didn't think anything was gonna drag me away from Wilco or Brian Wilson today but here I am listening to this mp3 for the 5th time.

George See

Second Unit

Wow...all I can say is Wow, just got ahold of the track. Waiting for her new album just became 10 times more painfull. If any more of this album leaks out we may be looking at another situation like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Where everyone seems to know it's amazing except the record company who's sitting on it.

I didn't think anything was gonna drag me away from Wilco or Brian Wilson today but here I am listening to this mp3 for the 5th time.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it definitely has that old Disney movie musical thing going on.

And call me crazy, but some of the higher notes she hits has some old jazz feel to it - a little like Billie Holiday.

No doubt that Jon Brion's influence is on this song, and (as Fiona mentioned) he plays a big factor on this CD.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it definitely has that old Disney movie musical thing going on.

And call me crazy, but some of the higher notes she hits has some old jazz feel to it - a little like Billie Holiday.

No doubt that Jon Brion's influence is on this song, and (as Fiona mentioned) he plays a big factor on this CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks