New features to be added to Newcastle pre/pro and receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jeff Hipps, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Jeff Hipps

Jeff Hipps Stunt Coordinator

In conjunction with our factory's R and D team, I am pleased to announce that we will be adding new features to our Sherwood Newcastle P-965 Preamp/tuner/processor and our R-965 and R-865 receivers.

Due partially to input from readers of this forum, we will be adding Lip-Synch Delay to the above models. This feature will allow the user to delay the audio signal to compensate for delays to the video signal introduced elsewhere in the reproduction chain.

We will also be making changes to the 7.1 channel direct analog input. In addition to bass management which is already supported for this input, users will now be able to use Dolby Pro Logic IIx to derive two center rear signals from any 5.1 channel direct input or to encode the incoming signals for use with both Dolby Headphone and Dolby Virtual Speaker.

Owners of these models will be able to receive a CD-R with the upgraded firmware from their dealer or directly from Sherwood and can use a computer/serial cable or computer/usb cable to complete the process.

We expect to have the CD-R available in May, 2004.

Jeff Hipps
    Sherwood America

2. JasonBrandon

JasonBrandon Agent

Jeff,

Can you help me find a Newcastle dealer in Massachusetts?

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't need to replace my Outlaw! I don't need to replace my Outlaw! I don't need to replace my Outlaw!

Man, great news.... [​IMG] Hey is there a rack mount kit for the new prepro for those of us with in-wall 19" racks?

4. Jeff Hipps

Philip:

We don't offer a rack mount kit. Middle Atlantic, the semi-pro rack supplier, has detailed measurements and may offer a custom panel for rack mounting.

Jeff

5. Jeff Hipps

Jason:

Currently our closest dealer is Fidelis in Salem NH 603-894-4477. We've had good reaction from other dealers in Boston and hope to add Goodwin's High End (and others) to the roster soon.

Jeff