New Features Added

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Parker Clack, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    As some of you have noticed I have added a search bar that will allow you to search the Internet with Google, Excite, etc. without having to leave the forum.

I have also added a function to the timezones for the server. This function will allow you to set your timezone for Daylight Savings Time in the US.

If you do not observe DST in the US or you live outside of the US setting this function to No will keep the correct present time for your location as you have set it up in the control panel.

To set the DST function go to the User Control Panel > Edit Options and just below the timezone selection is the option to turn this on or off. Its default setting is set to Yes so if you observe DST then you do not have to change this setting. Otherwise set this to No to keep the server time in time with your local settings.

Parker

2. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Okay, I live in central Indiana where we do not observe DST. We stay on Eastern Standard Time all year long. Since EST is the same as Central DST, I switched my local time zone setting to Central when DST started.

Now I switched my settings to turn DST off. However, to keep the time accurate I had to leave it set on Central. Should that be?

What's going to happen this fall when DST ends? Will my settings change to Eastern automatically? Or will the time of day stay accurate but still be called Central, even though it isn't?

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Gabe:

I didn't write the hack but it is my understanding that your time will remain correct when the server gets set back to DST in the fall. I would leave it as off for DST and CST as the setting and in the fall notice what it does. I am not sure if this is going to work or not until fall comes around.

Parker

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Parker, thanks for including the Internet search function. Very nice feature. Well done. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Update: Although I did not have DST turned on, my time "fell back" anyway. To get the correct local time, I had to switch from Central to Eastern. No big deal at all, just FYI.