What's new

New features added to King Kong (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What burns me about this HD-DVD title is that Universal
opted not to include the Director's extended cut for this
release.

I mean, you have this terrific new format that allows enough
storage space for endless possibilities, and the studio chooses
to put out the standard cut of the film?

I skipped the extended cut DVD hoping for the same on HD-DVD
and I am sorely disappointed that Universal opted not to go one
step further with this release.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Double-Dip Mr. Epstein, Double-Dip. They'll release the DC to HD-DVD just give it 6 or 8 months.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm honestly not disappointed, but I see where you are coming from, Ron.
Kong is a fun movie, but is really over-indulgent as it is....Jackson is one of those filmmakers that now that he has final cut, can't seem to bring himself to cut much of anything. The movie is a blast, but in terms of length I don't see how there could be anything else to add that would move the story along further or deepen the characters. I'm a little surprised the audio specs for this disc have not been announced yet......hopefully we'll get TrueHD.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Peter Jackson is one of the rare directors that has been able to produce 'director exetended editions' that have actually been considerably better than the theatrical release. The extended editions of the LOTR trilogy, and of his underated Frighteners are superb examples of a director expanding on a story line, and not just adding scenes back in that were taken out to tighten up pacing, or because they just didn't work.

When it comes to King Kong, while I liked the theatrical release, I felt it was a tad overlong. A comment from my girl friend was 'does this scene ever end?' I am not sure how the extended edition can help make this movie better, but I will rent the SD when it comes out just to see for myself.

What I would have liked to see would be a double disk edition, with both versions, to allow the consumer the chance to view both, and determine the better himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks