What's new

How To New Feature - Creating Movie Threads (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Every page link clicked immediately takes you to the bottom - not the top.

I like the poster icons, but I agree being taken to the bottom of the page every time is annoying. @Dave Upton ... Dave...any idea why this is happening? Seems to only be in the Movies forum.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I added the TMDB link for the new SpiderMan movie. Instead of pulling the interim art showed at TMDB, it pulled some garbage image from who knows where.

The image it pulled is one of the old posters for the theatrical release of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Which is at least from the same iteration of the franchise.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ah. I couldn’t tell...it looked like it said “Bingo” with an amateur collage.

I don’t understand why it’s not using the artwork in the movie-listing page?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The image it pulled is one of the old posters for the theatrical release of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Which is at least from the same iteration of the franchise.
I don’t think so.

I think it’s a fan made collage.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I haven't seen the "Bingo" one you guys are talking about. I was referring only to the picture that appears next to the
thread title. To me, it looks like a shrunken version of this poster from Homecoming, which is definitely not fan-made but looks like a particularly bad Photoshop nightmare.

spiderman-homecoming-poster.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I stand corrected. I wasn't looking at it closely enough or in a large enough size to distinguish it from the real poster at first glance, but seeing it close up, you guys are totally right. I apologize for my error.

I would assume that, logically, whenever the site updates it with a real poster, the thread would in turn be updated too, but I don't know how this works either, so Dave will have to answer definitively.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It's all automated via API calls to TMDB, so I don't know why it did that. I will investigate.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Looks like it was a default on TMDB, but thankfully there is a way to check for new posters if you have permissions. For now, that is just moderators and myself.

upload_2018-6-27_15-53-43.png

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Was just coming here to complain about the thread always taking you to the bottom of the page, and see it has been brought up by others. Yes, it's a bit annoying.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It does the same for me in both Chrome and Firefox.
Thanks. Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers like Ghostery? If so, please try with those disabled or an incognito tab (Ctrl + Shift + N). It may also be worth clearing your cache. I'm using the latest chrome and I don't get this behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks