What's new

New favorite concert DVD... (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Hall & Oates live in concert....they perform all their great hits and I would say that as far as sound quality, it's up there with Santana's and James Taylor concerts. I will also add that the video transfer is very detailed almost flawless...a couple of the acoustic versions of the songs rival those of 'Hell freezes over" by the Eagles.....Am I rambling or is it the excitement !!:D

I almost forgot to mention that it includes a CD of the performance for free !!!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
This was the A&E Live By Request Concert. And I got it for $15.00!!!

The bonus songs from the concert are even better. Acoustic version of "Out of Touch" rocks!!

But no "You Lost That Loving Feeling" :frowning:

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

That's hard to believe since it was a big hit for H&O. I mean, "Everytime You Go Away" was in the concert and that wasn't exactly a big hit for H&O (although it was a #1 song for Paul Young). Perhaps because it wasn't a H&O original?

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the "Hall & Oates Live by Request" DVD off ebay about 3 months ago only to find out that it was a homemade DVD. The guy that I bought it from actually recorded it off his TV. He did edit out the commercials and included chapters but the sound is not in Dolby Digital and the picture is just OK. I am trying to decide if I should replace it with this version.

Thanks!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

The "real deal" is quite a bargain since it contains a CD of the concert as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks