What's new

New Family Members are Here! (1 Viewer)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
My wife and I have been looking to replace our existing Infinity 5.1 speaker setup with something better. We really like the look and reviews on Rockets, so we ordered a pair RS250's to audition since they guarantee satisfaction with money back shipping. If we liked them we would pick up the RS760s and RSC200 to complete the set.

We got the 250's last Tue and listened to SACD and some HT DTS tracks until about midnight. We liked them a lot.

I also bought the overstocked piano black SVS PB-12+, and it showed up on Wed, so we did some more listening on Wed night.

It all sounded fantastic, but the problem was that the wife didn't want the RS760s because they are back ordered until June...

So we were forced to upgrade to RS850s which were immediately available.

I called AV123 on Thur morning to order the rest and Yellow Freight showed up with the delivery on Monday at noon.

Everything is perfect and the piano black SVS and caps on the Rockets really look great together. The sound is awesome. The 850s and 200 blend together perfectly making the front soundstage totally smooth and transparent. I can no longer guess correctly where sound is coming from, it's just "there".

I'm sure the 760's would have been more that adequate in my room, but I don't regret going up a notch at all. The stereo performance of the 850s full and clear, so radio and CD still sound good without the entire surround kicked in.

I'm sure this isn't a unique combo, but it's sure a good one and I would recommend the Rocket + SVS combo whole heartedly.

Andy

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
rampant jealousy here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my dream setup!!

congrats

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Gee...maybe you could send me some money so I can the same set up!:D :D
Can you post any pics?

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
A couple of front views

A look into the corner

left rear behind the sectional sofa

Old stuff (Infinity SM-120, SM-Video, etc...)

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Absolutly awesome! I bet it's hard to start a fire in that fireplace though. Now go get a PJ with a roll-up screen so you can see the firplace.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Andrew:

Nice setup indeed. I notice that you have an old Pioneer RT 707 reel to reel. I used to have that unit myself and still miss it.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diaboliqstudios
Recent bookmarks