New episodes of Odyssey 5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ric Easton, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

I've just been all over Showtimes site and still cannot figure out when they are broadcasting new episodes of O5. I thought it was supposed to be late December, but it no longer looks like that's the case.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
    Ric

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The show has been given Das Boot. I frankly don't ever expect them to air. I still have hope for a UK box set that has the 6 remaining eps

3. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Wow, I'm kind of surprised! I didn't think it was the greatest thing to come down the pike, but it was holding my interest and I somehow thought that Showtime was happy with it. It seems only about a month ago they were saying the end of December would bring new episodes.

This obviously doesn't hurt as much as Farscape and Firefly did... Still, I would have liked to see where they were going.

Looks like Enterprise is gonna be just about the only Sci-fi game in town. Too bad the franchise is getting very tired.

Ric

4. Michael St. Clair

It is disappointing to see a premium cable show with an ongoing story arc not given a final conclusion.

It's not like they have advertisers to complain about bad ratings. Sure, they are out to make a profit, but if they give shows like this a wrap-up, many of us are more likely to watch such shows on their channel in the future.

I am cancelling Showtime. If they had at least ordered a few episodes to wrap up the storyline (assuming the producers were sympatico, which they usually would be), I would keep Showtime.