What's new

New Ep and Album from the Descendents (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
In case anybody is interested, The Descendents just came out with their latest EP, called "'MERICAN". There new album is due in another month or so and is called "Cool to be You".

For those unfamilar, the Descendents have been around since 11979 or 1980 and have released some great albums through tthe years. Probably would be called "pop-punk" today, they pretty much invented the sound that recent bands like Blink 182 are noted for.

I love the EP already. The EP contains a song that the singer Milo once did with a side project of his.

The funny thing is that the songs that are coming out now have been recorded for a couple of years. They were just looking for the right label to release it. They were on Epitaph but they require a tour and they didn't want to be obligated to spend too much time away from their families.

Matt

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I've been listening to it repeatedly since I got it yesterday. I love the band (even in their other incarnation, ALL), but God it's great to hear Milo again. Bring on Cool To Be You!

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Jeremy -
Have you ever heard Milo sing "Here With Me" with Milestone? That song is about ten years old and I was psyched that the Descendents were doing it.

I think the song "Lucky" is also on the album that's coming out. It was on one of their singles but they re-did that one.

If you really like novelty items, there is a CD of Japanese bands doing ALL songs. Some of them are really good. They are also re-releasing PUMMEL soon. It will be re-mixed and have extra tracks.

I really would love to go to Stockage this year but with a wife, baby, full time job and band of my own, it's tough. Stockage is where ALL invites their fans to visit. It's 3 or 4 days of seeing bands, talking with ALL, and visiting their recording studio, the Blasting Room. It sounds really cool. I think Bill Stevenson even had a sit down with people and had a songwriting and drum kit workshop. And of course, there is a lot of coffee to be had.

In case you can't tell, I've been a fan for years.

Matt

TedT

Second Unit

I used to watch them rehearse at UCSD! Is this EP out yet? Great news!

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
It's out on 2/12 but I preordered it through the official site and they sent it out early. I will post the link if you need it. I have heard that it has been in stores for over a week already.

It's on CD and vinyl. The CD has a bonus hidden track.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks