new Energy Connoisseur C-C3 pics

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Z, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

The long-awaited C-C3 is to be released in a few weeks and Energy finally has some pics on its Web site. What a bummer visually. [​IMG]

It looks...weird. I know we buy speakers for how they sound, but unlike the rest of the new C-series, this is one speaker that definitely needs to have the grill on.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/conno...ers1_c-c3.html

Looks like I will be keeping my awesome Energy AC-300 longer than I thought. [​IMG]

2. Paul Chalk

Paul Chalk Stunt Coordinator

Don't like the dual mids? I think it looks pretty cool.

But 9 times out of 10, speakers look a lot better in person. So maybe you should check it out in person. I know I will. [​IMG]

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I wonder why they didn't line up all the drivers, I hope it wasn't just for aesthetic reasons.

Those are some tiny mids though, and just about anything with maple and silver is nice.

4. FrederickR

FrederickR Extra

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I currently have C-3's for surrounds. Like 'em a lot. They beat out B&W, Paradigm, Def Tech, and a few others when I was looking around. Check this out:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/energy_c3.htm

Check out Chart 2 of the measurements. Ever seen a flatter freq response for the money? I haven't. [​IMG] That's why I bought them.

6. RandyKudor

RandyKudor Stunt Coordinator

The C-3s certainly have a flat response, but, the recent soundstage measurements taken on the ascend CBM-170 is noticeably flatter. FYI, yes, I have seen a flatter response for considerably less money (the CBM-170).

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Randy- "Where's the beef?" [​IMG] I.e., where's a link? Heck, I'm always looking for a way to improve my system...