New Energy Connoiseur Ctr. Channel C-C3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Dunlap, Jun 7, 2002.

1. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

For anyone who cares, I just found out from an Energy rep. that they will be releasing a better, more expensive Center Channel in their Connoisseur line late this year....

"The new C-C3 center channel is slated for production at the end of this year. I would not expect to physically see it in a retail store until next January. Once the design is finalized later in the year, we will post some preliminary data on the website."

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    Best Regards
    Joe Fraser
    Energy Speaker Systems

2. Bob Cal

Bob Cal Stunt Coordinator

Nothing to do with the speaker itself, but I wish Paradigm would be more up front like the folks from Energy. I will have to have a listen to the Connoisseur line if I get a chance.

Bob

3. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

Too bad it is so long in coming to market. I am thinking of a Connisseur set-up. C5 towers for front, C3 bookshelves for rears, but don't want their current center channel the C-C1. Alternatively, what do you guys think about an all C3 system? Two in front, two surround, one for the center and one for the back center. Total timbre match, should sound good.

Cheers,

Steve

4. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

That would be a real nice setup if your listening is primarily Home Theater. Might want something beefier for the mains if you lisen to a lot of music. I've hear that the new C-3's are a bit smaller than the previous generation Connoisseur C-2's.

Also, I'm not sure whether the C-3 is video shielded or not. Something to think about if you're going to be setting it atop your TV.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

The C3 is magnetically shielded and it's smaller than the previous C2. As for the larger center channel speaker, it's mentioned in the owner's manual of the Connoisseur series. No specifics however.

6. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

I've not heard of the C2, was it in a speaker line prior to the Connisseur series? I do listen to my fair share of music, probably 35% music 65% movies/TV. I sure like the C5 floor models, they would look great. I currently have towers for both the front and surround, works well but they are crappy speakers in comparison to most anything else.

Steve

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Several years back, Energy had a previous generation of Connisseur series speakers. The C2 was the lone bookshelf speaker in that series as I remember. It retailed for something like US$500.00/pair and received great reviews. The old Connisseur series came in either a glossy black laminate or a rosewood laminate finish. Then the series was discontinued. Until now.

By the way, Energy is coming out with a low price series named XL. It should be available soon.