new Energy C-C3 center pics?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Z, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

I have read that the new center for the updated Connoisseur series is to be released any day now. I figured there would be some advanced pictures available but have yet to see any. Not even on Energy's Web site. Has anyone seen the C-C3? I sure hope it looks as purdy as the rest of the C series.

I've been going through a bit of buyer's remorse for buying the C-5s rather than the C-7s, but after listening to the lackluster C-C1, I decided to buy the C-5s (late last year)and wait a few months for the C-C3. Since my system is used for 75 percent HT and 25 percent music, it was the only logical choise. The new center will have two 6.5 inch drivers just like the C-5s for a perfect timbre match.

This center should give the Paradigm Studio CC a run for its money. [​IMG]

2. stan mucha

stan mucha Stunt Coordinator

When is the c-c3 coming out?i just bought a denon 3802 and a pair of c9s..i love these speakers..ive been thinking about purchasing the c1..is the c1 not very good?how ist the c-c3 supposed to be better?

thanks
    stan

3. Jerry_Z

Jerry_Z Auditioning

Robert,

Here's some text I got from a press release that was done around the time of the January Consumer Electronics Show:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Connoisseur Series adds a new multi-purpose L/C/R model

Energy Speaker Systems will be showcasing the new C-C3 speaker at the WCES show in Las
    Vegas Nevada on January 9th 2003. The new C-C3 is a three way design with dual 2” midrange
    drivers in a custom array, allowing either vertical or horizontal placement. The speaker has been
    designed with custom installation in mind to serve as either a reference center channel, or in a
    L/C/R arrangement in the front three channels, with accompanying Connoisseur Series rear
    channel products and the subwoofer of choice.
    This new design features the Connoisseur series technology, including the chambered 1”
    aluminum dome, and the Homopolymer 6-1/2” woofer. The enclosure is comprised of solid ¾”
    MDF with Spherex front baffles. As well, the 1/2” MDF sub baffle solidifies the heavily braced
    enclosure. The magnetically attached grill is also featured, as well as a new magnetically
    attached logo that the user can quickly change positions when using as left or right speakers.
    The C-C3 will be available in February 2003, and will retail for $600.00 USD each (plus applicable
    taxes) in either Black Ash or Canadian Maple/Silver. The unique Maple/Silver finish features a
    new Silver grill cloth with the Canadian Maple cabinet, matching today’s trend towards lighter
    wood furniture, and silver audio video equipment.

There was actually a picture embedded in the PDF document, but I wasn't sure how to extract it.
    In case it works for you, you can try to view the document here.

Jerry

4. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

Thank you Jerry. Now I wonder if those dual 2 inch midrange drivers will throw off the timbre matching since the Connoisseur speakers don't have that. If this presents a problem, I may just go ahead and buy the C-C3 and ditch the C-5s and buy an older set of C-6s or C-8s, since the older C series sounds much better anyway. Too bad they look only average and are not shielded.[​IMG]

Stan,

I auditioned the C-C1 and found it to be unamazingly similar to my Paradigm CC-170. The only difference was a slightly less aggressive tweeter. To me, not worth $350. I bought an AC-300 instead. Now that is a good speaker...one I recommend you consider rather than the C-C1, especially if you would care to spend less than $600.

Man, that is expensive. I may just keep my AC-300 for a while.

5. stan mucha

robert,
    will the ac300 match my c9s pretty well?
    stan

6. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

7. stan mucha

thanks for the insight robert...

stan