What's new

New Elite Models (1 Viewer)

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like the new Pioneer Elite models are due out soon. Pioneer usually has been issuing a press release on the new elite models sometime in late June. So far nothing from their website, but maybe something will be posted shortly.

I did a google search on "elite 56txi" and the 3 new Elite models show up on Kiefs. MSRP on the VSX-52TX is $1,000, VSX-54TX is $1,500 and VSX-56TXi is $1,700. The MSRP for the 54TX and 56TXi are the same as for the current 53TX and 55TXi models. No specs on any of the 3 new elite models are posted yet.

They also are showing the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K which might be a rebadged elite model for $659. This player is due out in August. Looks like we got a lot of new models to choose from! I can't wait!;)

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Rob. I posted this over at AVS as well, but started this thread here at HTF to try to reach out to get the most info I could from the A/V community.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the specs for the VSX-56TXi posted on the Pioneer site today.
VSX-56TXi

THX Select A/V Receiver with i-LINK AdvancedDigital Audio Interface
M.S.R.P. $1,700.00

Power
Power Amplifier Design A.D.E MOS FET
Surround Power 110 W x 7 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD
Stereo Power 110 W x 2 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD
Digital Decoding & Processing
Digital Engine Dual Motorola 48-Bit Processing
Dolby Digital 5.1 Yes
Dolby Digital EX Yes
DTS 5.1 Yes
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 Yes
DTS 96/24 Yes
DTS NEO 6 Yes
Pro-Logic II DPL IIx
THX Yes
Surround EX Yes
Pioneer Original Surround Modes Advanced Surround 6 Movie / 6 Music
Virtual Surround Back Yes
Midnight Listening Yes
Loudness Yes
MCACC Advanced
Speaker Configuration Yes
Speaker Size Yes
Speaker Level Yes
Speaker Distance Yes
Acoustic Equalization 5 - Band
Advanced MCACC (EQ Timing Adjustments) Yes
Acoustic Status Display via PC Yes
Analog to Digital Conversion 96/24
Digital Analog Conversion (DAC) 192kHz/24-Bit Delta Sigma
Connectivity
i-Link Yes
USB PC Input Yes
Analog Audio Inputs 10
Analog Audio Outputs 4
Digital Inputs 5
Optical In 3
Coaxial In 2
Optical Digital Output 2
Multi-Channel Input 8 Channel
Audio Pre-Output 8 Channel
Composite Video Input 5
Composite Video Output 3
S-Video Input 5
S-Video Output 3
Component Video Input 2
Component Video Output 1
Component Video Conversion Yes
Component Video Frequency Response 100 MHz
Headphone Output Yes
Multi-Room and Source Output 1 A/V
Front A/V Inputs Yes
IR IN/Out Yes
12 Volt Trigger Yes
RS-232C Yes
System Remote Control Port Yes
AC Outlet 1
SP Terminal Type High Grade Banana
Speaker A/B A/B, A+B
Adjustable Speaker Configuration Yes (2nd Zone /SB Channel / MR&S
Convenience
On-Screen Display Yes - All
Dot Matrix Display Yes
Remote Type 2 Line LCD
Pre-programmed Yes
Learning Yes
Illuminated Keys Yes
Macro Commands Yes
Construction
Front Panel Aluminum
Chassis Double Layer
Transformer Stabilizer Yes
Direct Construction Yes
Insulators TAOC
Warranty
Terms 2 years parts and labor
Dimensions
Width x Height x Depth 16 9/16 x 7 7/16 x 18 5/16
Weight 44.8 lbs

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well its about 10 lbs heavier indicating a better power supply. It has dual I-Link inputs(not the proprietary ones that Denon uses). Advanced automacc unlike the first version for Denon. Copper Shielded chassis. THX Select.

The 56txi is meant really to compete with Denons 4802/4805 series.

john_FE

Stunt Coordinator
Isnt the 3805 120 x 7? If so how would this really compete with even the 3805. Curious move. That is quite a price difference.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I'm guessing that they will push more after CEDIA.

I am hoping they come out with a new DVD player line.
Hopefully a universal changer to replace the aging dv-c36

I wish they would bring back the wood panels on the top models. :D Man that pissed me off when they stopped doing that.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think you can go wrong with those 2 Denons or the Elites. I listened to both the Denons and they sounded very good. I liked them better than the Yamaha 2400.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Yung:

If Pioneer matched the features of the 28/3805, I might buy one of those. In no way do I think the Pioneer's are inferior. The 2 in component video is not cool for me.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth,

I have to agree with you that Pioneer is a bit behind the other manufacturers in terms of connectivity options. Pio offers 5 digital inputs and 2 component inputs while some other manufacturers, like Denon, are offering 7 digital inputs and 3 component inputs. I think 5 is plenty for most people, but it would be nice to have more.

However, from what I have read, the Elites have bigger power supplys (15 pounds) and larger capacitors.

john_FE

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone compare the auto eq features of both as far as accuracy? Also, the denon mic is not included so that does drive up the cost a bit.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
The Elite 54Tx is the 3805 comparable model. I just purchased the 54TX for my second system. I got it from a good dealer, but an unauthorized one. It was about $200 less than most of the [also] unauthorized 3805 prices.

Of all the 3805 reviews that I have read, it's referenced strong points were all basically "features". The "sound" quality was never praised, and in a lot of cases, never even mentioned. Thats why I went with the Pioneer.

While I didnt compare the EQ modes between the Denon and the Pioneer, I would say that Pioneer has a lot more experience with auto EQ software, so I would guess that they would be more accurate.

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I would say the market equivalent of Denon AVR-3805 is the Elite 56TXi in terms of features. Price wise, you can get the 3805 for a couple hundred less than the 56TXi, but it will cost about $150 more than the 54TX. I would say the 2805 is the equivalent of the 54TX in the Denon line.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Differences between the 54 and the 56.

features are identical, except 56 has:
27K caps (22K on 54)
i link
USB PC input (both have rs-232)
Switched ac outlet
"high grade" banana plugs
illuminated remote
double layer chassis
TAOC insulators

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Yung:

I just want to see the math that a heavier PS is actually beneficial. It might be, and I have ZERO clue, but it seems like saying a speaker with a bigger magnet will sound better. I am ABSOLUTLY not attacking you, but I hear the weight thing brought up.

At least there is no doubt with the 90 pound 5805 as to what it really is :D

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The PS to magnet comparison doesn't really hold since there are tons of other factors deciding how a speaker sounds but the PS is pretty much it when it comes to how much current is delivered to the receiver circuitry. I didn't say the PS was it in terms of sound quality, but IS the deciding factor in current delivered. With high current you can get more power, more clean power, and more dynamic power. Unless you're using digital amps you can't get high power output w/ cheap lightweight power supplies. This is a big reason why the 280x series has always had lackluster power output. While the 2805 is a great processor, its amp section leaves a lot to be desired in the price range. That's why I went w/ the Pioneer 1014TX (same as the Elite 52TX).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks