terminator - 5(dammit)
Summoner 2 - 6.5
Smackdown 4 - 8,6,6
turok - 6,7,7
kelly slater pro surfer - 6.5
pow - 5,7,6.5
the middle:

the thing - 8.5, 7, 6.5

good gba scores though - yoshis island, gholus and ghosts, and smash pack fared well
good scores
hitman 2 - 8,8,7
hotd3 - 7.5,7.5, 8.5(Recalls ct3 egm review)
sfa - 7, 9.5,9
toe jam -8,9,8.5
sly cooper - 8.5, 7.5,8
obviously these aren't all bad games but a lot of people expected higher for some of these, but it also leaves more money for the great games....

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
QR should be Quantum Redshift. Dave, you don't know what SFA stands for? Why, bro, it stands for sweet fu... oh, excuse me. I meant Star Fox Adventures.

Damien, what's EGM's game of the month?

Happy about Toe Jam and Earl's scores. I guess Sly Cooper isn't the next big platform game.

paul h

Supporting Actor
What do these scores represent, is it an overall figure from 3 reviewers or are they Graphics/Sound etc???

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Overall score from 3 reviewers, sometimes for lower-profile games they'll do just one reviewer. Out of 10.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
One game on that list that we haven't talked much about here is Hitman 2. I've kind of flagged that one for follow-up when I first started hearing about it, and it sounds like it actually came out pretty well.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Bit strange that one guy gives SFA 7 then another gives it 9.5

Definitely a disappointment about Terminator, at least there's a couple of games that seem worth picking up!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You must remember that these reviews were written about 1 - 2 months ago....alot can happen between then and now with these titles. I can't recall half of them being declaired "gold" and on their ways to stores. Just like any review take it with a grain of salt. Most magazines use press review copies of games, in which the game should be done enough minus a few bugs here and there, but several times the finished product turns out better, and sometimes worse.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Well, I'm getting a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. After perusing a couple of other boards on the net, it appears that these EGM scores might be fakes.

My question then turns to Damien. Did you get these scores from the actual magazine or are you just posting internet rumor? If it's the latter, you need to desist this practice as quickly as possible.

For the time being, I'm viewing these scores as not credible.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Peter, there's two sets of "scores" doing the rounds. The ones with Blink in 'em look fake, the ones above look more real.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Brian, the scores might indeed prove genuine, but, where is the poster receiving his information. It's highly unlikely that the november issue of EGM is already out in circulation. If people go out and buy SFA because they think it's EGM's Game of the Month and it turns out that the real scores are markedly different, I'd have to say that some people might be justifiably pissed.

Until I can validate the source and confirm the scores, I view the posting as heresay. Please, please, don't base a purchase decision based on scores in this post.

Damien

Supporting Actor
these may be FAKE, i got these from the gamefaq xbox section and just decided to pass them along since they never were bad before, but shane from gamers.com says they are, but subscribers will get the mag next week so i'll bump this up then to see what happens

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Taken from the IGN forums. These seem to be the real deal:
PS2
NFS:HP2 gets GOTM! 9.5 (mentioned could be best driving game ever) 9.0 9.0
Grandia Xtreme 6.5 7.0 7.5
Sly Cooper 9.0 8.5 7.5
The Thing 8.0 5.0 6.5
Tribes 7.0 5.0 6.5
Turok 4.0 3.5 5.0
Mobile Suit Gundam: 8.0
Robotech: 8.0
Nascar Thunder 2003: 9.0
Wild Arms 3: 8.0
Blitz 20-03: 6.5,8.0,7.0
Summoner 2: 7.0,6.5,7.5
Sub Rebellion: 8.5,8.0,7.5
Gamecube:
Nascar Thunder: Strait 9.0's
4x4 EVO 2: 4.0
Crash Bandicoot: 6.0
NFS:HP2 : 6.5 (mentioned vastly inferior to PS2 version)
SFA: 8.0, 4.5, 9.0 (4.5 complained about same old collecting crap)
Xbox:
Turok: 5.0
Terminator: 4.5,4.5,5.5
Robotech: 8.5,8.0,7.5
Prisoner of War: 7.5,6.0,6.5
Phantom Crash: 8.0,8.5,7.5
Nascar Thunder 2003: 9.0
NFS:HP2: 7.0
Of note is the PS2 version of Need for Speed seems to be *THE* version to get....The Thing was robbed in my humble opinion. Tribes I'm still gonna try out but Im a bit leary now...
The guy posted a scan of the Star Fox Adventure review as well (which helps me to believe these are the real deal):
SFA review

Damien

Supporting Actor
what in the hell??? i'm sorry but i don't have a ps2, this will be the last time i deal with ea if these scores ring true, absolutely ridicoulous how badly they side with Sony.
the thing is kind of a love/hate thing
My game thunder got a NINE, i'll get this next paycheck(i know ea)
Good to hear nice scores for robotech and wild arms, we need some good rpg's
i'll look into phantom crash...seems like a sleeper

all in all the standards for games seems to hit the roof compared to last year

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
i'm sorry but i don't have a ps2, this will be the last time i deal with ea if these scores ring true, absolutely ridicoulous how badly they side with Sony.
I agree - how DARE they concentrate their development resources towards the platform that will net them the most sales!
;)
I think it's hard to judge the merits of the two versions' scores without seeing the body of the text.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks