What's new

New editions of 4 Muppet movies coming soon! Widescreen confirmed. (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Aaron Silverman wrote:

The June 5, 2001 DVD release is a single sided disc with the choice of both the anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1 version, or a Pan & Scan 4:3 version on the one side.

Paul

Quick Edit: Although the disc is single sided, the back of the box erroneously states: "Side A is a WIDESCREEN VERSION and Side B is a FULL SCREEN VERSION and is re-formatted to fit your TV."

Rick Santos

Auditioning
Yes it would be nice to finally get them done right on dvd.
Along with The Frog Prince and another one that i only vaguely remember, I think it was called The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. Anybody remember that one?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
in addition to thebooklet, a preview trailer on muppets of oz for the 50th anniversary of kermit reveals new versions, completely restored and remastered of "caper" "movie" treasure island and christmas carol.

coming soon.

was kermit ever a regular on sesame street?

also, why is there an extended interview with tarantino
on Oz?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Looking forward to getting Movie on DVD. When I was tv shopping they were running this on one of the screen and my 3 yr old was glued to it. He only watches an hour of tv a day but we like to get him special movies to watch on occasion.

BTW - Kermit was a regular on Sesame Street back in the day before Elmo ruled the world.

-paul

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Christmas Carol is pretty good, and I remember a TV Christmas special, circa 1987, with John Denver that was pretty funny. I wonder if that will make its way to DVD?

Brenton

Screenwriter
Who else hopes that they use the original poster art?

Just compare it to the Sony/Columbia/Whatever DVD cover art:

The Great Muppet Caper cover was alright, but The Muppet Movie cover looked like crap. Whoever made it should have been fired. A little harsh, yes, but the original poster was amazing. Let's hope Disney has the sense to use it, after all they did use original poster art (though somewhat altered) on their MAR versions of A Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island.

Brenton

Screenwriter
UltimateDisney.com has the cover art for the new editions of Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. It's not the original poster art, but I have to admit, it doesn't look bad. This probably means that the original poster art for the other two will not be used either, but if the quality is at least as good as these two, I won't be complaining.

These still haven't been confirmed as OAR, have they?

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
Disney has boxart for the other two films now and a release date for all four films! The release date is 11/29/05 and here is the boxart for all four films(including the already seen MTI and MCC):

adisney.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/DS/Products/005181/61633/61633_Z.jpg
adisney.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/DS/Products/005181/61637/61637_Z.jpg
adisney.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/DS/Products/005181/61641/61641_Z.jpg
adisney.images.go.com/Images/I-Catalog/DS/Products/005181/61629/61629_Z.jpg

The picture in the upper-right corner is a free lithograph that comes with all 4 films(sadly all four come with the same lithograph).

Sorry about the lack of links but I cannot post links till I have more posts.

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting them. :) Anyway, I really like the TMM cover. A lot better than the first. GMC is eh though, not that bad but looks a lot like the first release.

Joe:C

Second Unit
I finally picked up The Muppets Take Manhatten in the $5.50 bin. I figured I should go ahead and get it in case it isn't re-released like the others.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Well, I think it's safe to say that I don't like these covers. But it would be silly to let it bother me.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Not really sure if I want to upgrade the Muppet movie, and I really didn't think that Caper stood up that well after watching the old disc again. I'll be glad to get a widescreen Treasure Island though, and will probably buy Christmas Carol (in widescreen) just to be a completist.

Still waiting for confirmation on WS, but I really can't see them not including it at this point...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks