What's new

New E.T. CD? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's probably too early, but any word on a new E.T. soundtrack CD to go along with the rerelease? I love this score and would be glad to buy it a third time on CD.
The trailer says the score has been remastered, but I'm not sure the current CD could be improved upon sonically. I would love to see any missing cues included, though.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I was thinking about this just the other day, after seeing the trailer. I'm kind of in the same boat you are--I've got the most recent ('97?) soundtrack, and probably won't buy a new soundtrack unless there are a bunch of missing cues or alternate takes included.
I'm a sucker for all those new, two-disc John Williams remasters, though. . . :)
-mwb-

Evan Case

Screenwriter
From the sort-of-Official John Williams fansite, Link Removed:
Universal Studios has confirmed in a press release that "an enhanced re-issue of the film’s musical score" (which might include new unreleased music) will be released next year as part of a 13-month-long celebration to commemorate the 20th anniversary of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.
The press release adds that the celebration campaign, which begins on November 21, includes a newly-created animated Universal Studios logo with Williams' "Flying" theme interpolated into the Universal musical fanfare.
Interesting. I would consider re-buying if all the additional music was included.
Evan

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm a sucker for all those new, two-disc John Williams remasters, though. . .
I don't know if this includes The Phantom Menace two-disc set, but I just got it a couple weeks ago and it's terrific. The only annoying thing is the lack of a track listing. I really hate having to flip through the book every time I want to find the cue I want.

Now, if only they'd do a two-disc Patriot set. There are some great cues left off the current disc.

Thanks for the info, Evan. I had a John Williams fan site in my bookmarks, but it hasn't been updated in a good while. This looks like a nice site.

As I said, I'll gladly buy a new disc if it includes previously unavailable material. I just hope they will give it a different stocking number this time so the current disc isn't forced out of print. Since this will probably be labeled as a "special edition" soundtrack, the original edition needs to remain available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks