What's new

new dvds from Anchor Bay incl 25 th anniversary edition of Halloween (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future/
straight from www.dvdfile.com
Just like the living dead, you just can't keep Anchor Bay down. Perhaps the leading independent distributors of cult films on DVD, they've just updated their official website with a newly revised list of titles coming soon or in development. Highlights include such cult favorites as Dead-end Drive-In, Road Games, Night Patrol, Tobe Hooper's Spontaneous Combustion, Fear No Evil, Man Who Fell to Earth, and new multi-disc collections highlighting the work of such talents as Richard Lester, Peter Sellars and Wim Wenders. And - yep! - 2003 should see the release of yet more new editions of such classics as George Romero's Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead, and a 25th Anniversary Edition of John Carpenter's Halloween, which has already been released and re-released umpteen times. I guess there's always more blood to be squeezed from any venerable horror franchise, and check out the website for more info
so how many releases of Halloween makes that then

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for DAWN and DAY OF THE DEAD! I will also pick up the fun DEAD-END DRIVE-IN and the cool ROAD GAMES. Hell, even though I have the 2 disc LE, I'll pick up the new HALLOWEEN DVD too, because I love commentaries on films that I love.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Night Patrol & Tobe Hooper's Spontaneous Combustion :confused:
The wells at Anchor Bay must be drying up bigtime when they start releasing stuff like this.
Someone will probably prove me wrong here. But I had always assumed that there was not a single living being in the entire known universe that liked either of these two films.
Man Who Fell to Earth however I will be scooping up. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if the commentary track on "Halloween" will be the one used on the Criterion LD, or a brand new one? I already own the 2 disc LE, so I have to wonder if it will be worth upgrading.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
guys... although dvdfile reports this info as if its fresh news, all of this info has in fact been available for quite a while. Anchor Bay's Website is pretty cool and they seem to keep it up to date. You might want to stop in from time to time and check out the upcoming section.

Steve Kramzer

Stunt Coordinator
*sigh* Another release of Halloween. As much as I love Anchor Bay , I wish they would try to get more unreleased stuff (my personal fav would be either Ringu or Battly Royal for Reg 1) rather than doing 2-3 re-releases (Army of Darkness is another example)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Peter Sellers Collection:

What could this possibly contain? All the pink panther movies have been released...

very interested!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks