What's new

New DVDP has separate picture controls/settings...re-cal my TV??? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
My Panny RP91 will be delivered today and I was curious about one thing (hopefully, my question comes out right)...

Being that the RP91 has it's own picture settings (sharpness, contrast, etc.), should I re-cal my TV first using VE and then fine tune with the RP91's settings or should I leave my TV as is (it was calibrated to a Tosh SD-1600) and fine tune with the Panny settings?

Any help to cut down on tonight's set-up time is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Ron

David Judah

Screenwriter
You'll definitely want to recalibrate the TV with the new DVD player.

As far as the RP91 settings go, I generally leave the color and brightness settings alone, but depending on the DVD transfer, I might tinker with sharpness(high & vertical), mosquito noise reduction, and edge adjustments in the U2 and U3 menus. It's a very tweakable DVD player to be sure--I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Congrats on the new purchase. Of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, since there are alot of RP91 owners here.

DJ

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
David,
I figured as much, but I just wanted to be 100%.
So, what you're saying is just do a normal re-cal on the TV with VE and, if I ever run across a DVD that just doesn't look "right," then mess with the RP's settings?
I just hope that all of the player's available settings don't tweak me!!!
Thanks...I'm sure I'll have some questions, but I'll try to get the answers from the RP91 FAQ before I bug anyone on the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks