What's new

New DVD player (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I know this isnt the place for this question, but I am getting no help in the section so, here goes.....Ok, I am upgrading various parts of my home theater, and one of them happens to be my DVD player. Previosly, I had a Panansonic, and for the most part, I was happy with it, except that it seemed to "sway" a little.....like the picture would get slightly brighter, and then sort of fade to slightly darker, most easily noticed if the movie being watched was a night time scene...but anyway, I am getting a new one, and one feature it MUST have is the ability to pla MP3's, and have optical and coax Digital outs. So my question is, what other features are a "must have"? Like Progressive scan? etc? I really dont want to spend very much, probably no more than $140, but I see that Circuit City has a ton of players below that price.

So if you have any ideas, throw them at me, or if you know of a good player, post the link to it.

Thanks.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, also, is there any DVD players that let you fast forward really fast to certain part of an MP3 song? You know like on a computer, you can move the little bar to anywhere you want it, but in my car cd player, when you fast forward it, it actually goes slower than a regular cd....main reason I ask is because I have quite a few long ( like 80 minutes- 120 minutes straight) of techno and trance mixes, and there is no breaks in between them, so I need to be able to get to any part of that MP3, instead of having to listen to an hours worth just to hear one song halfway through the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks