What's new

New DVD Player/Processor Set Up Parameters (1 Viewer)

Mike_Pal

Agent
OK. I know this is probably pretty fundamental, but with my new DVD Player and new A/V Processor, when setting speaker configuration, channel calibration, speaker distance, etc. (set up parameters in both the DVD Player and Processor are asking for the same information), should I set the DVD players settings to zero across the board, and use the A/V Processors settings to do all of these the adjustments ???
Somehow I feel kinda stupid asking this, because it seems no one else has this problem. Or at least worries about it. It just doesn't seem right to set them both to the same settings (at least the speaker distances)...or does it even matter? Whats your take on the situation? Just from experimenting, it seems that by leaving the DVD Player with no adjustments ( zero ft.), and doing all calibrations from the Processor, everything seem to work fine. So, should I set the Processors front speaker distance to 12' and the DVD Players speaker settings to zero ft., or should I set the Processors front speaker distance to 12 ft. and then also set the DVD Players distance setting for speakers to 12ft.??? Just need some experienced second ( and third) opinions.....
By the way, don't shoot me, but my "new" equipment is an Outlaw 950 Processor and a Denon 3800 DVD Player (Love them both.......alot!).....also an Outlaw 755 Amp, which kicks some @$$!!!!!!!!
Anyway, am I worrying for nothing? It seems kinda important, just want to get the right settings for my system. Am I making sense???????:b

John S

Senior HTF Member
The DVD playrs distance and calibration settings would only be applicable if you were using 6 analog audio cables for input to your Receiever / Pre-Pro....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks