New DVD of "Where Eagles Dare"?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by jim.vaccaro, Sep 8, 2005.

1. jim.vaccaro

jim.vaccaro Second Unit

I just picked this up the other day, and the back of the DVD keepcase says "2005" on it. My understanding is WB released this to DVD in 2002-03. I can't find anything on the net touting a new release. Regardless, the transfer seems quite good.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I don't know what your question is, but there isn't a new transfer from the dvd released two years ago this month. They did repackaged this dvd with some other war film dvds into a boxset. The dvd you bought was probably some excess stock left over from that boxset that they're selling as an individual dvd.

Crawdaddy

3. jim.vaccaro

jim.vaccaro Second Unit

My question was if this was a "new" release or a repackage, and you answered it. Thanks.

4. Tim RP

Tim RP Stunt Coordinator

I'm making an assumption here but this might explain why the 'Clint Eastwood Collection' moniker is absent from the keep case version Jim has bought. Whereas the snapper that is also available includes it.

I'm picking up a few specific Clint Eastwood back catalogue titles (mainly WB) and am trying to get some uniformity on cover art and would rather not have the 'Collection packaging (as to me it looks a bit naff). I thought it might have been the case that Warner were dropping the Eastwood Collection titling but Robert's explanation makes more sense.

Certain WB titles have now been repackaged in the UK as part of some themed WB collections, ie Eagles now comes in a keepcase and slipcase with a very obtrusive greatest war movies collection backdrop on the cover art and Pale Rider has something similar as part of a greatest westerns collection. They make the Eastwood Collection titling look minimalist in comparison!

5. ChristianB

ChristianB Stunt Coordinator

FYI, it appears that Where Eagles Dare is being repriced on September 27 (at least here in Canada). It'll be really cheap! [​IMG]