What's new

New DVD Cover Art Site (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
hey,
I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got around to putting up a website for my DVD cover art. Right now it is mostly scans of snappers (resized for keepcases), but there is also some custom artwork as well. I'd love it if anyone interested could help build the database of covers (both snappers and custom). Be sure to check it out at www.dvdcoverart.com . Comments and suggestions, as always, are appreciated.
thanks
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Request:
Are you considering doing covers for the "Ultimate Editions" in unclosable cases and titles like Basic Instinct: SE that have no spine?
Thanks

GaryEA

Second Unit
Looks great Matt. Your classic Stars Wars set is really sharp! :)
Will you be looking to showcase covers from other artists? If I can ever finish my projects (four so far), I'd love to add them.
Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Gary

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Joseph,
I don't own any of Universal's UE discs, nor any of the UE titles in their previous releases, so I didn't have any plans off-hand to make them. However, if someone provided me with a high-res scan of the covers from a previous release, I would have no problem modifying it for the UE discs. I know someone else has already done a very nice cover for Basic Instinct, maybe the search will turn it up (it's not that old so maybe just go back a few days)?
Gary,
I'd be more than happy to showcase others' work (and that's the only way I can build up my snapper archive, since I've done all my discs)
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Looks good, Matt!
icon14.gif

Do you happen to know where I can obtain a cover for "Magnolia?"
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
How abotu Unforgiven, Shawshank Redemption, Iron Giant, Goonies, 2001: a space Odyssey, Full Metal Jacket, Paths of glory redone with the Kubrick collection banner and new artwork, Clockwork Orange, Unbreakable, Close Encounters. I'd love to convert all those over to keepcase. :)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Tom,
I don't have a cover for magnolia at the moment. your best bet right now would be to check the Official DVD Replacement Cover & Case Part Deux over at DVDTalk.
Adam,
if you have a scanner, I can guide you through scanning them, and then either resizing yourself, or you can send them to me and I'll do it. Drop me an email if you're interested
Also, I hope to put up some forums soon, so that people can request and supply covers more easily
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Mike Wegimont

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,
I tried to access your site with Netscape 6 (and 4.7) and all I see is the big DVDCoverart.com table with the links under it, the horiz. rule and then the "all rights reserved" table. Nothing else.
I then tried it with Explorer 6 and it works fine.
I don't know if it's just me, but your site doesn't work with Netscape.
Very cool, BTW.
Mike

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Mike,
yeah, I just relaized that it doesn't work under Netscape 4.7x or Mozilla/Netscape 6.1. I'm sure it's related to the table/frame code, so I'll see if I can figure it out
thanks for the heads up
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Perry,
I've already done scans for all the snappers I have. If you can get someone to just scan the snapper, I can do the rest. Hopefully I will have the forums up on my site soon and it will make getting covers I don't have a bit easier.
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
If you want, you can add a link to my page in your links section:
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/dvdcoverart.shtml
[Edited last by Andrea W on October 01, 2001 at 06:51 PM]

GaryEA

Second Unit
Gary,
I'd be more than happy to showcase others' work (and that's the only way I can build up my snapper archive, since I've done all my discs)
Thanks Matt. Hopefully I'll be able to offer you some of my covers in the near future.
Gary

Teresa

Grip
Hi Matt - great new site! :)
I was hoping you (or anyone else) would be able to help me out. I was sent a copy of Josie and the Pussycats with no cover and no insert (preorder filled at half.com - so I couldn't reject it beforehand). I was hoping you might have access to it so you could scan the cover and insert in for me. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Just a suggestion. Fix the width of the inner frame so that it fits smaller then the outer frame, people on small monitors have to go back and forth in order to read them, and you might want to have the pictures open up in there own windows showing the whole picture, so that the user doesn't have to scroll up and down.
Just a few suggestions
Rhett

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Update: I have now added forums to my site, so hopefully all cover requests can be made there, making it easier for all parties involved :)
Rhett,
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the inner and outer frames. I made the site with 1024x768 resolution in mind, which isn't too demanding I don't think (though I could be wrong). Which pictures would you like to open in a new window - the preview ones or the high-res ones? FYI, if you are using IE6, images will resize to their window automatically...
-Matt
------------------
My DVD collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks