new DVD company BLUE UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by soop.spoon, Jul 16, 2002.

1. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

We're about to gain another great entry in the (far too short) list of independent DVD companies.
    Blue Underground will be releasing Shock Waves (yes!), The Prowler, Toolbox Murders, Revolver, Grand Slam and others in the coming months. They will be distributed by Image.
    If anyone has any info on other upcoming titles, please post them!
    I know this has been covered briefly in other places, but I want to point out that their web site goes live this Friday... can't wait!

2. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

It should be pointed out that this is William Lustig's new company, who was previously one of the producers at Anchor Bay (and also the director of Maniac), so we should expect the same kind of quality.

I cannot wait for Django and Django, Kill...If You Live, Shoot!

3. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

4. Kurt N

Kurt N Stunt Coordinator

Cool indeed. Lots of neat bonus material on these discs. Let's hope they do these right. I'm very encouraged, moreso after visiting the site. Looks like they really love these films.

5. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

The two Jess Franco titles due November (EUGENIE and JUSTINE DE SADE also look pretty cool. One is a substantial restoration, the other the first release of a Franco title that was considered pretty much lost by most folks until the negative turned up in a warehouse last year. Video Watchdog critic Tim Lucas saw preview tapes of both and said that they're both among Franco's best ever work, (which won't stop some folks from scratching their heads at them, but I'm pretty sure I'll like them both - the one with Christopher Lee looks hilarious).

Other upcoming Blue Underground titles (according to a Lustig interview in the latest Fangoria) include Luigi Cozzi's CONTAMINATION, the Tinto Brass flick SALON KITTY, Sergio Sollima's RUN MAN RUN (kind of a sequel to THE BIG GUNDOWN) and more.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

So when did Lustig leave Anchor Bay?

7. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

Not sure if he has. A chat with Michael Felsher over at another site indicated that Lustig is possibly still involved in the remastering/restoration of various Anchor Bay titles - he worked on NEAR DARK, for example - but some of the exploitation titles he was involved in acquiring now seem better suited to the Blue Underground/Image Entertainment partnership. Maybe part of it could be to speed up the rate at which these titles get released. Anyway, it looks like they have a lot of good stuff in the works.