New DVD Case from the makers of Amarays

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, May 26, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Nexpak, makers of Amaray cases, have introduced their NexCase system:
    [c][​IMG][/c]
    The slogan for it is "Simplify your Security", and presumably would eliminate the need for the security stickers on all three sides of the package.
    The benefit to consumers who don't steal seems to be that the theft-proofing design should help eliminate rattlers:

2. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Those security stickers on three sides really drives me nuts. This sounds very good if we can get rid of them.

Ron Birk

3. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I noticed that www.sleevetown.com now has the new Nexpak cases (singles and doubles).
    One bad thing about the double Nexpak case (that I would not like at all) ..... No inside clips for a booklet! [​IMG]
    Since both sides of the case each hold 1 disc, there's obviously no room left for any clips. Not a good thing for the anal among us collectors (like...er...me. [​IMG]) I guess you've either got to jam your booklets inside the case without being attached to anything at all .... or just eat your booklets/scene selection enclosures!!
    I see that the single case does have the clips though.
    I, myself, hate all double-disc DVD cases. (Esp. the double-thick jobs, like The French Connection, Forrest Gump, & ID4, et al.)
    I always transfer 2-disc releases to a single-disc case....and then put the 2nd disc in one of these ..... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...732756-7673465 ..... and then slip the extra disc under one of the booklet clips. Saves space and keeps all my cases uniform. You guys should try it! Works fine....and one less hub to break! [​IMG]
    Kind of hard to tell from the pictures what type of hubs these new cases offer. Sleevetown says it's a "squeeze release" hub. Wouldn't this be similar to the Alpha hub?
    [​IMG]

4. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

David-
    You're supposed to be framing/laminating those "collectable booklets" [​IMG]
    Leaving them in the case would be downright risky.

5. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

You know we don't get those security stickers in the UK and the cases are the same...and I've never seen one fall out or anything...
    Am I missing something? [​IMG]

6. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

7. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The Nexpak has a link to a high-res image but it's *cough* 12MB. I saved a 200kb JPG here. Also, here are some small, close-up details of the hub and booklet clip:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    -Dave

9. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Theo...
    I'll bet you don't see the security stickers, because theft isn't such a huge problem in the U.K. [​IMG]

10. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

11. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Gavin_L: Right, I've certainly had my fair share of floaters - does seem to be common with certain types of cases and it is annoying.
    David:

12. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I've only counted 1 of my DVDs to not have the paper goods secured within the case (All In The Family Season 1 Set .... the book just kinda lays between the folds in the case. I'd rather have clips or a pocket....but it's obviously not worth committing harey-carey over. [​IMG])
    But I see from the blow-up pic above that Nexpak is obviously coming out with TWO different styles of new cases.
    That blow-up (with 2 disc holders) does indeed show booklet clips.....but evidently the el cheapo model (called the "EconPak") has no clips on the 2-disc model. ......
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Description for the one above........
    EconPak Slim Double by Nexpak (the Amaray Company) - the same quality construction you expect from a respected American case maker with a much lower price. The EconPak features squeeze-release hubs front and back for 2 DVDs plus a full clear sleeve for outside artwork. 5 1/4" x 7 1/2" x 9/16" No inside clips, no DVD logo. Black. New!

13. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

14. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Can someone explain to me WHY the tightly wrapped shrinkwrap on every DVD isn't enough security by itself??

I see no reason for ANY stickers! Every disc is wrapped!

15. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

David

I worked in video retail for several years. I can get a DVD out of the case (w/o stickers) and have it look virtually like it has never been touched. The security stickers stop people from doing that.

16. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer