1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New DVD-Audio players on Crutchfield's web site.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Aug 19, 2001.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

A number of new DVD-Audio players are shown on Crutchfield's web site (link to list below). Here are highlights:
    * Denon DVM-4800: Five-disc progressive scan carousel changer from a respected name ($1200).
    * Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900M: A 400-disc progressive scan changer from Kenwood's new line of better components ($1500).
    * Kenwood Sovereign DV-5700: A five-disc progressive scan changer ($1200).
    * JVC XV-FA90/XV-FA95: Seven-disc progressive scan changers ($380).
    Here is the link:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lr5HsRi...=4&g=54600&s=0
    Good stuff!
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

2. Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson Stunt Coordinator

The Kenwood is temting. Both side play back DVD audio and progressive. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Michael
    Video Game Tracker
    DVD Tracker
    DVD Profiler
    CD Tracker

3. KevinO

KevinO Stunt Coordinator

Saw the new JVC progressive scan DVD Audio players on Crutchfield's site. They have a feature called "13-step Zoom". This seems to be a step up on their current progressive players. Anyone know anything about these players? They are nowhere to be found on JVC's website. I just bought the 65 yesterday, but for an extra $50 I'd get a DTS processor (current receiver only has DD). The 65 may be going back.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin, I know very little about the new JVC DVD-Audio players, but the 'FA90 and 'FA95 are seven-disc carousel changers. When I first saw them in the DVD-Audio player list on Crutchfield's web site, I assumed they were stacked changers. I've never seen a seven-disc carousel changer. Crutchfield states that it's no bigger than a five-disc carousel, so I'd like to see how JVC did it. Onkyo's six-disc CD and DVD carousel changers are deeper than most five-disc carousels. Unfortunately, Crutchfield hasn't added a picture of the JVC unit with the drawer open. It looks like a nice component, but JVC's past reliability issues concern me.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime