New dvd-a'sacd's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gene c, Aug 7, 2003.

1. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Clint, Terry and anyone else who can help get a better selection on the shelf. Maybe if we all get together and let the recording industry and retail chains (whats left of them anyway) know how we feel, maybe we can speed things up a little. I would like to replace most of my cd'c with 5.1's and if most others felt the same, this would mean a lot of sales to an industry that's hurting. Too bad I just bought an H/K cdr-20 though. (would that be entry or mid level? Sorry Clint!) Useless with 5.1's. Gene

2. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

My June column included a "call for Hi-Res Marketing" directed to the content producers and I will certainly continue to do whatever I can to get the word out!

Cheers,

3. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Hi Felix,
    Nice to see you regognise La Stravaganza (Rachel Podger) as an sacd,

Last month one of the UK mags had it as album of the month on cd with no mention that it was out on sacd.

I've had it for a couple of months now and along with Hilary Hahn's mendelson/Shostakovitch and Anne-Sophie Mutter's Beetoven-Spring & Kreutzer Sonatas they get alot of play.

With the advent of the HIREZ formats I'm starting to discover classical and jazz. Curious direction for what was generally a TOP 40 guy before.

Peter m.

4. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

Peter -

Thanks for the comments. And I agree with you that the hi-res formats open up a whole new world of music to listeners. That's one of the joys of listening to music again, as opposed to accepting music as wallpaper.

Cheers,