What's new

New DTV reciever ( DOA) help (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I got a new Philips DTV reciever and its doing something odd. Every few min it will have a faint white line go all the way across the top of the scrren and then the picture go's out all together for about 8-12 sec. Any thoughts?
I have it hooked up to a HDTV monitor via Componet outputs using Rhino cables. I checked the cables to make sure none were loose. Everything seemed fine.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
What do you mean ," Only this box "?
I had a samsung reciever and upgraded to this modle of Philips.I never noticed it on the Sasung.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
FYI:
I am in the proccess of exchanging the bad reciever.
I have a Hitichi 43 HDTV monitor with two sets of componet inputs with my DSS going to one and my DVD player going to the other. I watch 3 movies of the weekend just to make sure it wasent my tv going bad and not the reciever .No sign of the picture going out every 2-6 min. Watch the NFL all day today and it just went haywire. Every 2-6 min there would be a ghostly white line running all the way from L to R at the top and then the Picture would go black for about 6-10 secounds.The sound is working fine. No problem with that. I have a warrenty on the TV but I just want to pin point the problem.
Eric

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Update:

I am at a loss. Got the 2nd unit and as soon as I turn it on..the same problem. I went to our bedroom and grabed the Samsung with componet outputs and re-hooked it up to the tv and everything was good, So That is telling me its the Philips dtv , Right? But as far as Philips is consurn , " There is no way two recievers can be bad with the same problem."
I dont know,I guess I will just use it in our bedroom with S-video. I bought it for the living room HDTV because of price and it has better features then the Samsung. :frowning:

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Did a little more resurch and nither Philips nor Directv can tell me whats up. Anyway I thought I would bump this thread and see if anyone has herd of this.
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks