New DTV reciever ( DOA) help

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Eric Stuckey, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I got a new Philips DTV reciever and its doing something odd. Every few min it will have a faint white line go all the way across the top of the scrren and then the picture go's out all together for about 8-12 sec. Any thoughts?
    I have it hooked up to a HDTV monitor via Componet outputs using Rhino cables. I checked the cables to make sure none were loose. Everything seemed fine.

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Does it only happen with this box ?

3. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

What do you mean ," Only this box "?
    I had a samsung reciever and upgraded to this modle of Philips.I never noticed it on the Sasung.

4. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

It means your Philips is bad...

5. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

FYI:
    I am in the proccess of exchanging the bad reciever.
    I have a Hitichi 43 HDTV monitor with two sets of componet inputs with my DSS going to one and my DVD player going to the other. I watch 3 movies of the weekend just to make sure it wasent my tv going bad and not the reciever .No sign of the picture going out every 2-6 min. Watch the NFL all day today and it just went haywire. Every 2-6 min there would be a ghostly white line running all the way from L to R at the top and then the Picture would go black for about 6-10 secounds.The sound is working fine. No problem with that. I have a warrenty on the TV but I just want to pin point the problem.
    Eric

6. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Update:

I am at a loss. Got the 2nd unit and as soon as I turn it on..the same problem. I went to our bedroom and grabed the Samsung with componet outputs and re-hooked it up to the tv and everything was good, So That is telling me its the Philips dtv , Right? But as far as Philips is consurn , " There is no way two recievers can be bad with the same problem."
    I dont know,I guess I will just use it in our bedroom with S-video. I bought it for the living room HDTV because of price and it has better features then the Samsung. [​IMG]

7. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Did a little more resurch and nither Philips nor Directv can tell me whats up. Anyway I thought I would bump this thread and see if anyone has herd of this.
    Eric