New Drama with a Creepy Feel

Discussion in 'Movies' started by oscarjunk25, Sep 29, 2006.

1. oscarjunk25

oscarjunk25 Auditioning

William H. Macy stars in Edmond, a drama with an underlying dark and twisted theme. I got a screener from my work, umgd, and found this movie to be a bit racey and even a little controversial. The story is about Edmond trying to regain his life after having his fate dictated to him by a fortune teller. Mena Suvari also stars in this film: she plays the role of a whore. It is definately worth checking out if you haven't yet. I have a link to the trailer if you are interested: http://www.edmondthefilm.com/

2. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

Yeah, it's based on David Mamet's controversial play of the same name. This is a tour-de-force performance for William H. Macy. Fans of his should definitely check it out. The movie itself is very interesting and thought-provoking. One that should be seen multiple times. Interesting to note that David Mamet did not direct it, but instead Stuart Gordon of Re-Animator fame directs.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Can anyone say shill?

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Shill!!!

But with that director and cast, it should at least be worth a rental. [​IMG]

5. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

[​IMG] ...............shill much..........but the film looks intriguing nonetheless.....I wonder if Macy's decapitated head spouts sociopolitical rhetoric from between the legs of a restrained naked Suvari?

Think I'll go join another entertainment based web-site and hock a film or two under the name P0pc0rnhustler68. [​IMG]

6. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I watched it and thought it was merely OK.

It has a Taxi Driver/Falling Down type of storyline.

Macy's performance is decent and makes the film watchable.

7. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Let's not forget that this thread, no matter how many responses it may receive, was begun by a shill, who signed up, made this one post, and has not returned.

Maybe a Mod could come in and add "A Shill says..." to the title of this thread.