What's new

New DIY speaker wires (1 Viewer)

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
I cant seem to upload to my web page but here are some photos of my new cables. I haven't tried them out yet, let alone break them in. I wanted to try a braided design while bi-wiring. I used 8 individual 16 guage stands woven together (yields approx 13g). Found some AR bananas at Lowes (clearanced for 7.30 for a four pack) All total, under $55 for the pair with an evening's construction time.
Tomorrow will tell
Bill
Oops, Try here

Andrew Lin

Grip
Very Very nice!! When you bi-wire is it just four speaker wire strands.. with banana's on all four on one end and then two wires connected each banana (2 plugs)?

And how did ya braid them all together? any techniques??

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Thanks guys.
Andrew,
Actually I used 8 strands. Four strands by two on the amp side, and two strands by four on the speaker side. As for the braiding, I tried (using shoelace licorice of course:D ) but I wasn't happy with any of the results except this weaving meathod (about half way down the page). You can basically do it with any number of strands.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks