What's new

NEW Disney Movie Club Exclusives 4/20/2021 -- The Black Cauldron 30th Anniversary Edition (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I seriously doubt Disney gives a #@*+ but thanks for letting us know. ;)
Right. Because they won. The more people they can get to switch to digital delivery, the happier they are. The only labels I still buy physical media on are Warner Archive and Kino (and a few Criterions) because those releases don't have digital equivalents.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Is either Melody Time or Make Mine Music on Disney+?
Matt:

Melody Time is on Disney+ (uncut with Pecos Bill's smoking scenes intact) while Make Mine Music is not. It's really a shame Disney never released Melody Time and Make Mine Music complete and uncut on DVD and Blu-ray in Region1/A.

Sean

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
No, but you can have a Melody Time on Disney+! :)
R U sure ...

1618922096051.png
;)?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
This is exactly how I expected The Black Cauldron (The ugly redheaded stepchild of the Disney feature-length animated canon) to end up.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this happening. Also looking forward to the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future and the 35th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
They released a remastered dvd back in 2015 on the actual 30th anniversary with that cover art. Maybe that's the reason for the mix up.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
While its good to see another classic finally released in the Exclusives line it is a bit anti-climatic when a great looking HD copy has been available on Disney+ since launch. I would have much preferred one of the 100+ Disney live action films from 1950-1982 that has not been released yet the same ones that Disney plus continues to ignore. Although Disney+ did add Third man on the mountain and Island at the Top of the World this month but those were the 1st new classic live action films added in nearly a year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone know the best current promo code to sign up with?

I used to use one that got me 5 titles for $1, a blanket and free shipping for the lifetime of the membership.
There were several posted on Bluray.com that it still in slumber-time. As far as I can tell these are still active -- I can't remember if I updated it in the DMC specific thread lately

DMC US PROMO CODES
- 1st active in March 2020 so may be getting close to expiration
66619 - 1st active in Jan 2021 as far as I can tell
66623 - also showed up in the last 2-4 weeks

The Canadian side (DMC Sign-up page, make sure to scroll to the bottom and switch to "View Catalog for Canada")
now appears to have a new and excellent PROMO CODE for the first time in 6 years with terms almost the same as the US Club except it doesn't appear to have Free Shipping perk. The best code since 2015 had 4 total commitments and the only active code the last couple years required 5.
DMC Canada PROMO CODE 47558

DukeTogo84

Agent
Real Name
Ben
Great news, but I cancelled my DMC membership maybe two months ago? Going to have to go to Ebay it seems.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great news, but I cancelled my DMC membership maybe two months ago? Going to have to go to Ebay it seems.

Devil's Advocate -- I'm guessing this is going to run $30-35 minimum at least at the beginning on Ebay.

A full 8 item DMC cycle using Black Cauldron as one of the commitments would could be done for as little as $60-65. Is there just no way to come up with some combination of items you might need, use, gift, etc to make re-enrolling an option?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Great news, Going to have to go to Ebay it seems.

well they do show up in Amazon listings as well, just not official ones, so now another grail title is on it's way, too bad it will be pretty bare bones, would love to see some of the Tim Burton stuff added

DukeTogo84

Agent
Real Name
Ben
Devil's Advocate -- I'm guessing this is going to run $30-35 minimum at least at the beginning on Ebay.

A full 8 item DMC cycle using Black Cauldron as one of the commitments would could be done for as little as $60-65. Is there just no way to come up with some combination of items you might need, use, gift, etc to make re-enrolling an option?
In terms of what's available, I pretty much own all the Disney movies I really want. However, how many full price films do I need to buy again for the commitment? Was it 3 or 5? For some reason I remember it being 5, but if it's 3, it might be manageable.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In terms of what's available, I pretty much own all the Disney movies I really want. However, how many full price films do I need to buy again for the commitment? Was it 3 or 5? For some reason I remember it being 5, but if it's 3, it might be manageable.

Technically 3, but one of those could be the 11.95 Bonus Selection

5 for $1 + Free Shipping and Dalmatians Blanket and with the commitment to buy 3 Regular Price items in 24 months
1st Bonus pick is $11.95 and counts as Commitment #1
So 2 regular priced item Commitments at 19.95+

I know you've been a DMC member and had mentioned in the past you had virtually everything you wanted from DMC, but the Ebay route just chafes a bit. With a few of the Fox items now showing up as enrollments and quite a few FOX titles showing up online as commitments I was hoping maybe there might be a cheaper route.

The DMC GoogleDoc from Bluray.com is here DMC Titles and that can be easily temporarily filtered to select enrollment eligible, Exclusives, etc. (or I think downloaded and done with as you wish on Google or Excel)

Plus the 1000-1200+ DMI points that could be turned into other movies or merch.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To be honest, I'm not all that interested in either of the two titles, but I'm still glad to see this news regardless. It gives me hope that the Disney title that I want the most - The Happiest Millionaire - still has at least some chance of being released.

Honestly, I've been one of the most optimistic people thinking the Exclusive line would resume at some point, but when the entire 2020 passed with nothing I'd pretty much thrown in the towel and joined the "it's Toast" regiment.
Last BD exclusive was Romney Marsh in Oct 2019 and while we've seen 8-10 month gaps, once it hit 15 I relented to the obvious and certainly was shocked to see this show up.

So ANYTHING released that looks like the old true exclusives is incredibly important to see. Honestly I screamed a bit into my computer last night when I signed into DMC to see what the new FT was going to be only to smacked in the face with a 1st Time on Bluray and TBC Cover on the front page. It was just so unexpected, I literally got a bit emotional (how sad to be honest it's come to that) and I'm not even a huge TBC fan, but it gives a big lift to my spirit to see it showing up.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Honestly I screamed a bit into my computer last night when I signed into DMC to see what the new FT was going to be only to smacked in the face with a 1st Time on Bluray and TBC Cover on the front page. It was just so unexpected, I literally got a bit emotional (how sad to be honest it's come to that) and I'm not even a huge TBC fan, but it gives a big lift to my spirit to see it showing up.

I certainly can't speak for Disney's motives in releasing this. However, since the movie is already available on Disney+ in both HD and 4K, they might as well put this out. I'm sure it's the same transfer as you can watch there (albeit in HD only), and as you pointed out it's a virtual guarantee of no extras. So it takes very little effort on their part to make this available, which is probably why they're doing it. If it was a movie that is not already available in a HD transfer from other sources, that would be harder and therefore less likely.

I would love to see the 1994 version of Angels in the Outfield come out, but all it has right now is a really crappy non-anamorphic DVD sourced from the laserdisc. You can't even get it in HD streaming. So that is an example of something which would take a lot more work on Disney's part.

The other obvious ones would be the Glenn Close Dalmatians movies. I feel like it would make sense that those are released later in the year alongside the inevitable Blu-ray of the new Cruella movie, hopefully as wide releases rather than DMC exclusives. But we'll see. Disney sometimes doesn't do thinks that would make sense. So who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks