What's new

New Disney for 2004-in. Lilo & Sitch SE (1 Viewer)

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
According to the Digital Bits there will be four 2 disc special editions coming out next year they are Pocahontas: Special Edition, Alice in Wonderland: Special Edition, Mary Poppins: Special Edition and Lilo & Stitch: Special Edition and their Platinum title is expected to be Aladdin.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I was just about to pick up the original Lilo & Stitch, but I guess I'll wait. The other releases should be great. Can't wait for Aladdin and Mary Poppins.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This was more or less officially confirmed a couple of days ago over at UltimateDisney.com with a scan of the flyer in the new Sleeping Beauty SE.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Alice for sure, Mary Poppins maybe...

Lilo And Stitch...

No. Sorry Disney, but you put out a decent single disc, and I see no reason to upgrade.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The SE's of Mary Poppins and Alice In Wonderland will find a nice spot on my shelf.

If Aladdin is being released...that would be a good time for Disney to release a restored version of The Thief and the Cobbler.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I'm *very* excited.

Especially to finally get nice new reference 16x9 transfers of Mary Poppins and Pocohontas!

And espeicially especially since I'll be *reviewing* them :D :D :D :D :D

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought there was going to be more than one Platinum title a year from now on.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was thinking the same thing, Joel. I was looking forward to getting Aladdin (my favorite of the announced Platinum titles) earlier in the year, instead of having to wait for October.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The bi-yearly Platinum releases apparently isn't going to start until 2005. Just Aladdin in the fall next year.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I'll be picking up ALICE and LILO. Hopefully ALICE will have all the LD extras. I'm glad I held off on a DVD upgrade.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
SLEEPING BEAUTY is not officially a Platinum title. Makes no difference under what moniker they release these titles - no one excels at the 2-disc special editions the way Disney does.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I can't wait...will be nice to finally get a proper release for my boy Stitch! (Though I am VERY alright with what is presently out, a full fledged two disc with the all the extra's that were originally prepared is going to be nice!)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
All I hafta say is it's about time with Lilo and Stitch. So where's the Treasure Planet SE? It's the last recent Disney flick without a 2 disc edition, or even the mention of a 2 disc edition.

MarkBurton

Second Unit
http://www.dvdfile.com/news/special_...ing/index.html
Below is a snippet from an DVDFile interview with Don Hahn, Gordon Ho and Andy Fiditsky:

What was the reasoning behind the recent decision to speed up the Platinum title release schedule?

GH: We made a statement that, yes, because of the positive reception to our Platinum line, that starting in 2005 we will be releasing two Platinum titles a year, so that by 2007 or around there we will have gone through our entire collection. And that made a lot of people happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks