New Disney, Donald, Goofy and Mickey Cartoons available on R4 DVDs - But Beware !

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Doug Bull, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    Just bought 3 new Disney Cartoon collection DVDs, that, believe it or not are only available here exclusively at Australian K-Mart stores.

Each DVD is dedicated to one of the characters and each cover title is preceeded with "Everybody Loves" (Donald, etc)

Each disc contains 7 Cartoons.

The picture and sound quality on each individual cartoon is very good to really excellent.
    Each disc also features a few games as extras.

As Goofy and Mickey are all, or mostly available in the Disney Treasures collections, here are the Donald Duck Cartoons on his DVD, for those who can't wait for the now delayed next wave.
    1.Out of Scale
    2.Donald's Dog Laundry
    3.Window Cleaners
    4.Mr Duck Steps out
    5.Inferior Decorator
    6.Beezy Bear
    7.Bee at the Beach

The cost of each DVD is roughly $13.50 in US Dollars.

BUT here's the crunch, BEWARE !

Disney in all of their wisdom have lovingly removed all of the titles, both main and end from each Cartoon.

Anybody want to buy 3 watched once, jumped on a few times, DVDs.

2. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    Thanks for the warning Doug. These are also available in the UK. Obviously designed for the Christmas kiddie market.

3. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    It's a real shame Douglas ( why do I feel like I'm talking to myself) because some of the Cartoons really do look and sound fabulous.

There is always such an outcry on DVDs not being mastered in the correct ratio, but to me, the removal of titles is as bad and low as it gets.

If you can live without titles then these are quite good, although certainly not the value of the tin sets.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

They did this to some of their laserdisc compilations too, but haven't on the US DVDs so far. Hope it stays that way.

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Disney has already done this here in the States. The short MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL and a few others have had their titles removed in order to segue from one short to the next, so beware Disney's domestic Christmas DVD.