What's new

New Dish Customer Needs Strategy (1 Viewer)

Pete J

Auditioning
I just signed on to the $9 a month Dish deal where I buy an installed dish and receiver for $200. I have an HDTV ready RPTV and home theater setup, but I'm not really interested in watching HBO or other premium movies in HD. What I want is to be able to watch the regular network broadcasts (especially sports) in HD when they occur. My area has essentially no chance for HDTV. Heck, they haven't even got stereo sound here. I,m thinking about gradually upgrading the Dish stuff as more HDTV is broadcast by the networks. This way I get the advantage of having a satellite picture and lots of channels cheap now and a path for upgrade after Dish gets its hardware and software in order. Any comments or suggestions?
------------------

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Dish Network currently has CBS available in HDTV.
This is available in areas where CBS owns the local station, in "white" areas "unserved" by a local CBS affiliate (determined by zip code), or if your local station will give you a "waiver" to allow you to view the CBS HDTV feed.
For you, the CBS HDTV feed is out of L.A. and is only available on the 148 satellite (the other CBS HDTV feed is out of New York and is only available on the 61.5 satellite).
So, just like all the other Dish Network HDTV channels, you will undoubtedly need an additional dish to receive it (since 99% of the channel are on the "Dish 500" 119/110 satellites).
And, you will need the Model 6000 receiver to receive HDTV on Dish Network. This receiver does receive the non-HDTV satellite channels as well, but doesn't include any PVR features.
[Edited last by Ken Stuart on August 14, 2001 at 05:16 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks