What's new

New DISH channel for old TV series addicts (1 Viewer)

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
FETV, a channel supplied by DISH that until recently focused on religious programming and very old movies (1930's, 1940's) alongside old shows like Lone Ranger and Lassie, began, on June 2nd, retransmitting as part of its programing the digital CozI TV schedule, that seems to be similar to Retro or Me TV.
For example, they're showing daily The Avengers (today they had a Julie Stevens - pre-Emma Peel- episode), Magnum, The Dick Van Dyke Show, and apparently have a McCloud marathon on Mondays.
The Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, Maverick, Marcus Welby,The Cisco Kid, The Deputy and Hopalong Cassidy are also part of their schedule.
Best of all for my taste and surprise, they have scheduled for tonight at 11 p.m. Eastern a Run for Your Life (Ben Gazzara) episode.
(I posted this before under other title, but nobody noticed it, so I changed it a little).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I don't know about Cozi but ME-TV is practically worthless. Very low definition pictures, tons of commercials and sped-up/edited episodes.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
We've had one start here in the UK that is showing reruns of, amongst other things, Suspense and One Step Beyond.

But like the above, the quality os so awful they might as well not bother. They're using nasty PD editions, with low bitrates and the screen is festooned with animated logos as well!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It's on 82. Jperez, thanks for the tip. I just took a look at the schedule. Looks like a mixture of religious, infomercial and retro TV programming.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Ron1973 said:
I don't know about Cozi but ME-TV is practically worthless. Very low definition pictures, tons of commercials and sped-up/edited episodes.
True, but MeTV still has a bit of value to me, since it runs the not-on-disc 12 O'Clock High, plus allows me to test-drive a few series I hadn't really seen much of before (like The Rifleman, Mr. Lucky, The Saint and Car 54, Where Are You?, Wagon Train) before considering them for future DVD purchases. I recently got a crash course in The Rifleman within about 3 months, since they run two back-to-back episodes a day, six days a week.

Cozi on Dish is worth it to me just for Run for Your Life, also not on DVD yet. Also, while I have all the episodes on disc, myself, it's nice to see Cozi running The Avengers on weekday afternoons, even the earlier, pre-Emma Peel ones that were shot on videotape.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
To me, very old movies would be silents. 30's and 40's is when movies peaked as far as I'm concerned. So if I got this channel, I think I'd be disappointed if they're leaving that wonderful era of movie making behind for things like Charlie's Angels.

I still like MeTV. I just don't watch anything like I Love Lucy where the cuts stand out like a sore thumb for me.

If my tv leaves Turner Classic Movies where it's turned to 90% of the time, it's likely for MeTV and a show like the Rockford Files that I've yet to acquire on DVD.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It's on Channel 578 on UVerse. Showing Make Room for Daddy, Dick Van Dyke show, Starsky and Hutch, Marcus Welby, M.D., and some others. PQ on the Lone Ranger was not bad at all, very watchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks