New Dirty Harry S.Es in 2007

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Anthony Neilson, May 10, 2006.

1. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    From www.comingsoon.net:

Announced today by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Laurence Fishburne will provide their voice and likeness in the upcoming video game based on the "Dirty Harry" film franchise. Hackman will portray Police Supervisor Al Bressler and Fishburne will play Reverend Carlton Clay opposite Eastwood as the legendary character "Dirty Harry" Callahan in the game on next generation consoles.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is currently overseeing development of the game franchise, in partnership with Eastwood's Malpaso and The Tehama Companies, with the two-time Academy Award® winning producer and director consulting on key creative aspects of the game design. Eastwood will also lend his voice and likeness to his renowned role of police detective Harry Callahan.

In related news, Warner Home Video (WHV) will release the definitive "Dirty Harry Collection" in 2007 to coincide with the launch of the game.

For the DVD release, all films from the celebrated franchise -- Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact and The Dead Pool -- will be upgraded to HD DVD with completely revamped sound and, with the help of Eastwood himself, may feature some never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage and many other bonus materials.

Beginning September 1 of this year, the five movies will be placed on moratorium for more than a year prior to their release.

EDIT: Mods - sorry about the duplicate posts: I submitted the thread but it didn't show as having registered. Please delete the others.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    such a good announcement it needed for posts.

[​IMG]

3. Will*B

Will*B Supporting Actor

Will

I wonder if this means they'll only be available on HD-DVD, or whether they'll be on SD as well? Either way, I'm glad I held out on buying the current box-set, despite some amazing deals...

(Looks as though I'm stuck with my LBX VHS tapes for the next 18 months...!)

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

great news as I just bought the latest DH

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Why does this sound like it might be a hybrid box (HD DVD on one side and standard def on the other)?

6. Robert Grourke

Sounds more like its going to be HD-DVD only...[​IMG]

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

If it's available on S-DVD, I'll buy it for sure!

It'd have to be something really special and significant to have me buy into HD-DVD at this point though...

I hope they make the right decision, I still don't own the first DH film on DVD!

8. JohnPM

JohnPM Second Unit

9. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    I don't think anyone need worry. There's no way that WB or any studio is going to drop their support for SDVD for another few years. I expect to see these editions on both formats; at the most, they may attempt to bait people with a few extras on HD that can't be had anywhere else.

10. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll snap this up, while not all the films are great, the first 3 are all pretty damn fine. I haven't got any of them other than "Dead Pool", which was givin to e by a friend, so this is pretty sweet.

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll snap this up, while not all the films are great, the first 3 are all pretty damn fine. I haven't got any of them other than "Dead Pool", which was givin to e by a friend, so this is pretty sweet.

12. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Not before the studios are sure this format war isn't going to kill both HD formats.