New Dexter episodes...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for this. Dexter was one of the tightest, most well written series ever to grace TV (well, the first four seasons anyway). With the original showrunner returning it should be a no brainer. Hope they still use the "Blood theme"

Reactions: ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I can't wait for this. Dexter was one of the tightest, most well written series ever to grace TV (well, the first four seasons anyway). With the original showrunner returning it should be a no brainer. Hope they still use the "Blood theme"
That opening sequence is responsible for my love of blood oranges...

Reactions: Bryan^H

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, (as mentioned above) it is the original showrunner returning here, so I'll go with "cautiously optimistic" for the moment.

I just concluded a series-rewatch at the end of summer, out of sheer coincidence. Miguel and Trinity still stand out as series highlights, but I found the Ice Truck Killer-storyline to be more of a slog than I remember it being. I was also a bit surprised how much I enjoyed Jonny Lee Miller and the Lumen-storyline. Miller was actually a pretty good foil for Dexter, and was probably way underutilized in retrospect. Introducing another love interest so soon after Rita felt like a misstep for sure, but I really bought into the Dexter/Lumen-dynamic than I ever did with Hannah.

• Agreed
Reactions: Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Also, (as mentioned above) it is the original showrunner returning here, so I'll go with "cautiously optimistic" for the moment.

I just concluded a series-rewatch at the end of summer, out of sheer coincidence. Miguel and Trinity still stand out as series highlights, but I found the Ice Truck Killer-storyline to be more of a slog than I remember it being. I was also a bit surprised how much I enjoyed Jonny Lee Miller and the Lumen-storyline. Miller was actually a pretty good foil for Dexter, and was probably way underutilized in retrospect. Introducing another love interest so soon after Rita felt like a misstep for sure, but I really bought into the Dexter/Lumen-dynamic than I ever did with Hannah.
The first season was great for introducing the characters. It had equal parts Debra, and Rita, and showed us how fragile, and beautiful both characters were. The character of Dexter opened up more over the subsequent seasons.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
"DEXTER: THE LEGEND OF DOAKES' GOLD"

It'll be ten episodes of Dexter just livin' quietly as a lumberjack.

No murders. No serial killers. Just Michael C. Hall lumberjackin'.
I'd actually watch that. It would be better than the last two seasons. Season 2-3 the best, imo.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah this series fell off a cliff after season 4 but I'm all in on this anyway.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching the last two seasons as they aired and thinking what a sinking ship it became. The writers could have at least tried to salvage some bit of what made the show so good. But they didn't, as it turned out they just wanted the perfect water cooler/shock value conversation instead of keeping the integrity of the series. Very reckless.

I know it is an almost impossible task giving what has been done, but if just some of the "perfect formula" of the first four seasons returns in this new series, I will be happy.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerani53