What's new

New desktop PC with a $2k budget (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
"Moving on to games and we see that the X2 is the low price dual core CPU to have, if you’re a gamer this is the one area where you will notice real benefits over the Pentium D 820. Not only are there benefits right now but the long term outlook is also better for X2 users as there is that extra performance margin to help keep your framerates up when games get even more demanding (and rest assured they will)."

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/3800/conclusion.htm

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is speculation. But, others have commented that games are expected to take advantage of dual-core processing in the near future.

The frustrating thing about dual-core systems is that they are not consistently better performers, yet they demand a price premium. It's not an obvious purchase decision yet, at least to me.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I agree with Dave. I will most likely go single core in the spring then go to dual (or whatever the next iteration may be) when I build my next system after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks