new Denon's - hard to find in-stock????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lou Loomis, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Stunt Coordinator

Seems like many places in the NYC area don't have the newer Denon's in stock. 6ave says it won't be in for a few weeks. JandR says it is not in yet, etc. Some reference the CA dockworkers strive preventing shipments from coming in.

Has anyone else found this? Anyone know places in NYC that has the 1803 in stock (and at JandR/6ave prices?)?

2. James_P_Clark

They aren't in KC yet, anywhere. The dock workers strike was referenced here as well. I was looking for a cheap 3802 anyway so it wasn't any big deal. At 775.00 it wasn't really all that cheap but it was in the ballpark. Good luck on your search.

jc

3. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I have seen display models of 1803 at Tweeters Etc., in CT, but I dont know what their stock situation is.

4. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

James:

Your post caught my eye because I'm in Kansas City, too. I was at Audioport on 97th St. the other day, just checking out what they had, and they had some Denon stuff in stock (not sure about the 3802 because I was looking at an 1803).

Unfortunately Audioport didn't show me much respect as a potential customer. They must have thought I looked too young to be seriously considering any of their equipment. Anyway, I was disappointed by the cold service (and the poor layout of the store), but they do have some Denon stuff there, so if you hadn't already, you might check there.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Eric Eickhorst

5. James_P_Clark

Eric, I don't even bother going to Audioport anymore for that exact reason. Actually that applies to just about every 'audio' shop in KC although I've never been to the one downtown. There is one off the plaza that was very nice but overall, too high end for me. I prefer to drive over to Lawrence and go to Kiefs. I've always been treated great there, every single time. I'm not sure I'd call it an upper high end store but the gear they carry is more than adequate for my budget and the respect shown to customers is the best I've ever experienced in this town.

I do wish someone carried Dynaudio though. Thanks for the message.

jc