What's new

New Denon upgrade! (1 Viewer)

Joe DC

Agent
Just returned my Denon DVD-900 for the last DVD-1600 model(demo) to my dealer! The upgrade cost me only $57 CDN, and I was still given the remainder of the warranty from my 900 which lasts 3 more yrs!! I'm really excited to put this player to the test!!
However, my 1600 did not come with a box or manual and I'm just trying to find out what all the options are. What differences in PQ should I look for with this upgrade? What does the 'CINEMA' mode add to my PQ? Should I keep this 'CINEMA' mode on or off? Will I be getting better sound quality when watching DVD's? What does the SP (off>1>2) function do where do I set it? What is the 'Play mode' button on the remote for? Should I still enter the speaker distances, size, and +/- db settings when set to the multichannel speaker option? DVD-A not tested yet--still waiting to buy coax cables.
Need some advice pls---any takers?

FYI, my video section is hooked up with component cables:
TV-to-receiver-to-DVD 1600...didn't notice any PQ loss when hooked up this way VS. hooking DVD straight to TV, although I had only tried it with my departed 900, and not the 1600.

My set-up is as follows:
61" Hit. HDTV>>>Marantz 8200 receiver>>>Denon 1600
Speaker distances, speaker size(small), and db's are already set on the receiver--do I need to do this again on the 1600? Is the 1600's speaker distance (shown as ms) in metres? I am using a '7.2' HT setup.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
If you are using the digital bitstream (optical or coax) audio output from the DVD player to your receiver, your receiver's speaker settings will be used. If you use the 6 channel analog outputs from the DVD player for DVD-audio and DD/DTS audio, then the DVD player's speaker settings will be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks