New Denon receiver's on the way?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles M, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

I was at my local Tweeters today to inquire about the new Ymaha receiver's(730). They only had the 530, 430 but, on 730, 630. SO I was brousing and notice that they had the Denon 3802($879) and 2802($579) on clearance! This I had to double check for sure. It wasn't open box...it was clearly on clearance as I talked to the sales rep. He told me quote" that Denon was coming out with replacements/updated(some new models) in the late spring mid summer". He went on to say that they had a lot in their warehouse. I asked him if it had to do with the recent merger between Denon and Marantz. Luckly he knew what I was talking about because, they had a Denon rep come out when the news was first released. We were talking for a while and to make long story short, with the merger the idea is to concentrate on everything below the 5803 and 4802/ 9200 and 8200 repectivley. I don't know how much truth to the story it is, but I wouldn't mind to see some new models from Denon or Marantz. I don't know what they could be bringing new to the table but I hope it's exciting. If anyone else has some info or has went to their local Tweeters please look into this.

Charles

2. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Did you buy ??????????????????????

E-mail me if you want a great price from 6th ave. I heard a rumor that Tweeters had dropped the Denon line???????????? Or they were dropped???????? Check with Denon on this!

Good luck.

3. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Earl, I sent you an email about the price they gave you on the 3802.

James

4. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I still can't see a reason to replace the 3802; there's nothing new to add unless they're jumping on the Firewire bandwagon early. If they are my 5 year old 3200 could soon be replaced.

5. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I agree, Dave. The 3802 has pretty much all that you need at that price point.

6. Charles M

Your right guys. What could they add by repacing the 3802, 2802 right now? Maybe the sales guys had his info mixed up or something. My first thought was that Tweeters was dropping the Denon brand. As we talked I figured it has something to do with merger if you ask me. I think the details are skechy rights now. I'm going to see what the GoodGuys have to say. I'll have to try another Tweeters store around here.

Charles

7. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

There is no replacement planned on the 3802 at this time. Also if you want a good price but from an authorized retailer give me a shout.

8. Charles M

Kevin,

How can you get good prices and what do you do?

9. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I am just an average joe helping my fellow forum members out, i have helped numerous people get good buys, never the cheapest price out there but always fair.

10. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

James and all. I answered your e-mails.

Charles// Someone posted on a forum last Jan. that the Denon line was being deleted at Tweeters. But you know how rumors go.

11. Charles M

Earl,

If this is true, I wonder what brand would replace it?

12. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Denon is NOT being dropped by Tweeter or vise versa..