New Denon Receiver??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by TonyWright, Jan 26, 2004.

1. TonyWright

TonyWright Second Unit

Aparently there is a new Denon receiver on the horizon dubbed the AVR-3805. I read something about it being able to handle SACD signals but I don't really understand what the article was referring to. I am curious as to why there would need to be special functionality built into a Receiver specifically for an audio format that is passed to the receiver from a machine that already decoded it in multichannel. Am I off base here? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance for an input and sorry if the question seems a bit vague. The article seemed vague to me.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Not having read the article I'd asume that they meant the 3805 will handle the bass from an SACD properly.

Bfretn

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

You might find better luck posting this in the receivers area. Maybe a mod will move it.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Tony, to elaborate a little on what Vince noted: Please post in the Receivers/Amps section when asking about a specific model, in this case the forthcoming Denon 3805. The Basics area would be the place to post such a question as, "What's a receiver?" It's for general discussion at the beginner level. Thanks.

5. Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman Second Unit

This is what the article I read says

The AVR-3805 features three assignable sets of component inputs and one set of monitor inputs (all with 100MHz Bandwidth). Like the company’s flagship AVR-5803 receiver, the AVR-3805 also features the latest Denon Link 3, which allows the receiver to receive high-resolution, multi-channel digital audio data directly from the Denon DVD-5900 and DVD-9000 DVD players (and future Denon products) for the ultimate level of sonic performance. Denon Link 3 is compatible with all previously released Denon Link products, but is now ready to accept digital SACD data from future Denon source units, if and when formal approval is granted. The AVR-3805 also has an RS232 serial port for external controllers.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu..._receiver.html

Address above for anyone that wants to get ALL the info on the new model.
    Go crazy.