What's new

New Denon 3802 With 6 Or 7 Speakers??? (1 Viewer)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Boy! When I wired my house during the construction phase, I thought 4 speakers would be over kill. So now what????
I could run one back speaker(pull two more wires in interior wall behind couch) and spread out the two surrounds on each side of the couch.
But 7 speakers is going to be a real challange to place!
I really don't want to drill holes in my ceiling near the exterior walls and do a wall mount(but a possibility).
The other option is to have the two surrounds facing the couch on the side walls adjoining the front speakers(and leave both backs connected by the couch). Not a perfect solution.
Is running just one back speaker a problem when there are two outputs for the rears?
My wife wants ceiling speakers, but cutting holes in the ceiling is a not ever go back plan. Also they need to be on a plywood pannel in the attic(pain in the butt). Bass would be non existant!
:confused:

Chriss M

Second Unit
you can run one surround back speaker. There is an option in the Denon OSD setup menu to specify 1 or 2 (or none) speakers for surround back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks