1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

New deep fryer - Need Some Recipes

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James_S, Jun 4, 2003.

1. James_S

James_S Second Unit

I got one for my birthday and I have already made some fries and some breaded chicken. I love this thing.

I am looking for a really good mozzarella cheese sticks recipe and others.

So please give me some your best recipe that you have made and any good suggestions that others have made.

Thanks,

James

2. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

This isn't a recipe, but I've found that the dirtier the oil gets, the better the food is. I know that sounds kind of gross, but for some reason the leftover food particles in the oil help to flavor the food.

What kind of fryer did you get? Is it a basket type fryer with the fry basket that will come up out of the oil?

3. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

Chicken Wings !!!! Fry 'em up for 12-15 minutes at 350-375, coat them in Frank's Red Hot Sauce and chow down !

Also fried oysters coated in a 50/50 flour/cornmeal mix are wonderful. Dredge them in egg and milk before coating them. Fry for ~5 minutes. Eggplant strips are great the same way, but need about 7-10 minutes.

Never been to a restaurant that could match them. I'm getting hungry, I'll have to break mine out of mothballs.

4. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
  5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

My favorite White Trash Deep Fried Recipe

Mix some cayenne pepper in with some Krusteaz pancake batter and dip chicken gizzards in it and deep fry them Serve with ketchup! [​IMG]