Lead Actor
Reaction score
I am a great fan of James Woods so I will get this no matter what

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I really don't care for VIDEO but I'd love to have a couple of the extras especially that roundtable thing. I'm not sure if that alone will make it worth the Criterion price tag though. Perhaps if I can find it for around $25.

Reaction score
Awesome! Videodrome finally gets the special edition treatment...from Criterion, no less!

Quite a nice array of features listed there. I hope the "and more!" includes the alternate/extended TV version scenes, as some of those were quite interesting.

Can't wait!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I love Videodrome and the extras for the Criterion DVD sound like an amazing list. I so need this DVD for this very screwed up movie.

Mark Cappelletty

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I hope the Criterion Videodrome showcases all of the alternative scenes that were used for the bizarre "TV" version of the film (which still occationally shows up on A&E).

Regardless, I can't believe this is coming out-- AWESOME!

Now Fox, will you PLEASE call Toronto and set up that FLY SE DVD?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Reaction score
No comments on Eyes Without a Face? I never heard of it until now but it sounds neat.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Reaction score
Offhand, I know that Spider and the Canadian edition of eXistenZ have Cronenberg commentaries.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
SO HAPPY!

The new Rabid SE is going to have a commentary and the Fast Company SE that just came out has a commentary. Naked Lunch has one of my favorite commentaries ever with Cronenberg and Peter Weller.

Let Criterion do The Fly and it could have a commentary, and I'm sure they'd let Cronenberg approve the transfer.

Will K

Screenwriter
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW.

Long live the new flesh.

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!!!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the Criterion version of "Videodrome". It was a deliciously twisted movie, and I thought James Woods was great in it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Also, Debbie Harry looks great topless.

Rob Lutter

Producer
Reaction score
Eyes Without a Face! w00t!

Hopefully Criterion retranslates the subtitles because the ones on the Image LD are pretty godawful (lots of missed lines, etc...)

Justin_S

Producer
Reaction score
This is some of the very best DVD news I have ever heard! Videodrome is definitely Cronenberg's best film (though all his films are masterpieces IMO), which is saying a hell of a lot, and is also one of my top 10 favorite films of all time. I have been longing for a SE for years now. I've said in the past that I hope Criterion would do it, but I never actually thought they would. The extras sound truly outstanding, and there's obviously no chance in hell that I won't be getting this the second of release.

As for Eyes Without a Face, its a fantastic film, but I've known it was coming for a while now. Will definitely be picking it up as well.

Kevin M

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin Ray
First Naked Lunch now Videodrome.....long live the new criterion flesh.

...um, since Universal & Criterion seem to have a good working relationship I wonder if John Carpenter's The Thing would be a possibility...NAH, I get the feeling that unless Criterion can come up with some fairly good extras (since the current version, although sans 16:9, has some rather extensive extras) it wouldn't be worth it to them.

Marc Colella

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of Videodrome, so I'll pass on it.

However, I'm glad that Universal still continues to license out to Criterion.

I'm sure there are a few Universal titles I'd love to see get the Criterion treatment - ie, Double Indemnity.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derpok