New Creed CD, opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Stockwell, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Jeremy Stockwell

Jeremy Stockwell Supporting Actor

I'm planning on picking this up at lunch today. Anybody get it yet? What do you think? How is it compared to "My Own Prison" or "Human Clay"?

2. Sean_B

Sean_B Stunt Coordinator

I really liked their first album and played it constantly for months probably longer than any other CD I can remember for quite some time. 'Human Clay' didn't have the same effect. There are a few good songs on that album but a lot of it sounds too much the same. Its almost as if they ran out of material or it was left over music from 'My own Prison' that didn't make it. I don't know maybe I'm alone on this one.

As far as the new album goes I REALLY like it. It is definitely way better than their last effort IMHO. Don't know what to make of the first 2 tracks as they are completely different from the rest of the album. They are hard and heavy which I don't mind just don't have an opinion on them now. I really start enjoying the album from track 3 on. 'My Sacrifice' of course is the single released on the album and I like it very much. The song that stands out the most to me is track 10 called 'Dont stop Dancing'. Wow. It is a testament of just how talented they are. Its an amazing song lyrically and musically. I can't really describe it but I like it the best.

Anyone else?

3. DougB

DougB Agent

Just as good as the first two, if not a little better. Creed IMO is one of the best bands around. They are very distinctive, no mistaking anyone else for them. Most of their music has that "reflective" feel to it. Killer band, Killer disc.

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Creed?! CREED?!

I saw them on Saturday Night Live and laughed more at their heinous performance than Billy Bob Thornton's shenanigans. What a shameless bunch of hacks, using tired riffs and Eddie Vedder's vocal style. They're the bland, boring antichrist of rock as far as I'm concerned.

5. William G. Lipe

Mark, how do you really feel??[​IMG]
    As for me, I'm gonna wait on this I think. I really liked My Own Prison, but Human Clay just got tiresome to me. Especially that damned "With Arms Wide Open" song. I hope this new record is good, but I wan't to hear more tracks before decideing on whether to purchase it or not.
    WiGgLe [​IMG]

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Creed? Aren't they a christian band? [​IMG]

7. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Yeah the lead singer does sound like a Eddie Vedder wannabe.

But Aerosmith's Steven Tyler was thought to be a Mick Jagger wannabe in the 70's.

8. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I've never understood how anyone could criticize a lead singer just because his voice happens to sound like someone else.

(For the record, I'm not a Creed fan)

9. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

It's not so much that he sounds like Mr. Vedder - rather that he sounds like a fifteenth generation Vedder. The replicative fade gives his voice an odd accent that doesn't actually exist anywhere in North America. The only thing similar is the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show.
    I've only heard the new songs on SNL, and they seemed relatively okay. Regardless, I do thank Mr. Stapp and co. for teaching me to live life 'With Om Swy Doe Ponn!' [​IMG]
    I do hear they're good live though, and they're much better than Limp Bizkit. Just figured I'd end on an up note.