What's new

New cover pic -- THE HILLS HAVE EYES (1 Viewer)

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for what its worth, at least its pretty much the same picture from the theatrical poster. That's something you see less and less these days.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Being that it's Anchor Bay, the Original Poster art will probably be on the back side of a nice cardboard insert :)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
What does everyone think of this release?
Surprised not to see more discussion of it.....

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've had a copy for a few weeks now and have gone through everything. If you're a fan of the film you'll certainly be happy with the disc. The film has never looked better but remember this is 16mm so the grain is pretty thick. The DTS and DD 5.1 tracks are pretty much a joke but we do have the original Mono.

The extras are wonderful. The commentary has all sorts of good information including the fact that this was given an X before several cuts. Craven also talks about it being 120 degrees during the day only to drop to 30 at night. It's also interesting to hear he was almost killed during the filming. The Making of HILLS HAVE EYES is brilliantly done. The director, producer and several cast members are on hand to tell various stories. This runs just under an hour. "The Directors: Wes Craven" is decent but nothing great. Several trailers, TV spots and photo galleries are also included. A nice booklet also comes with the package.

The "alternate ending" runs around 10 minutes but just features one short extra scene. The rest is

In the theatrical version, Jup is killed at the camp while the father (can't remember his name) then goes after his baby and kills the other guy. The movie ended there. With the alternate ending these two scenes are switched around. The father kills the guy then it goes back to the camp where the two younger folks kill Jup. We then get an "extra" scene with everyone coming together.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I picked up a copy sight unseen, I'm a fan of Craven's work but hadn't yet come across it, I think I will...
Thanks!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was thinking about getting this as a blind buy with texas chainsaw massacre so as to have a halloween double bill of redneck canibal 70's grind house horror.

I understand the problems with the TCM disc, but being a fan of the film, I think I can live with it. My questions about THHE is: I'm a huge horror fan, gore and excessive violence doesn't bother me, but rape does. Is there anything like that in this movie? this is the only reason I haven't purchased this yet.

BTW, I have and love Evil Dead, despite the Tree sequence, so if THHE has a similar sequence, expicit wise, I can probably live with it.

Thanks in advance.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Looks like the cover is similar to the Bay's Day of The Dead 2 discer. So if it is, then the giant head will act as a cardboard flap that lets you into all the goodness the set has to offer.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
No, it's a standard keep case, no cardboard flaps here!
I don't like the DOTD cover because of that, it seems kind of cheap...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks