What's new

New Cover Art - Pirates of the Caribbean (1 Viewer)

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Looks good, if it stays like this without any added dumb critic quotes etc, I'd be very pleased.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Would it kill them to put the correct names above the correct heads? :rolleyes

Ugly, ugly coverart by the way... I like the original poster myself...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Would it kill them to put the correct names above the correct heads?
I always think this too, but to be fair, the order of the names is probably specified in the actors' contracts (Depp is the biggest name, he goes 1st, then Rush, etc.). And for the artwork you obviously want your star biggest and in the middle, so... instant mismatch.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
funny how the canadian "bi-lingual" cover art never seems to get show-cased before a dvd is released. is it because studios know this packaging "sucks" and they know that their customers think it "sucks" as well ? perhaps this kind of "thinking" could be implemented with actual released product. grrrr!

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh, more like "Scream on the Caribbean"!

What is it with cover designers & there over reliance on face ridden covers, well of course I know the real reason = J6P.
But at least have a dual sided option with say, holographic art with skeletons ;) Disney are you listening...

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
funny how the canadian "bi-lingual" cover art never seems to get show-cased before a dvd is released. is it because studios know this packaging "sucks" and they know that their customers think it "sucks" as well ? perhaps this kind of "thinking" could be implemented with actual released product. grrrr!
No, because AA is releasing them. God forbid they should actually do something nice for their consumers.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
for a change???? the man is always good!
I'll second that, he has great presence whatever movie he is in.

I'm looking forward to this flick which opens today over here, i'll go tommorow arvo. That cover art doesn't bother me, it is the poster that is up in my local cinema. All the talk about how crappy 'floating head' covers are really doesn't bother me (with the exception of the awful Solaris cover).

TomWoodward

Second Unit
They've now released the menus for the disc, although not the main menu for some reason. Doh! Anyway, there's one menu below and the rest you can view here Would slow the page up too much to post seven big menus on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks