What's new

New cover art for Leone's West? (1 Viewer)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I hope they didn't change it to cash in on Bronson's death. The new art doesn't say "Special Collector's Edition," so it might not be legit.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The Paramount press site is still showing the original artwork. Thank goodness too, because that one on the left is horrible!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If it has been changed, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

But I do see Charles Bronson is interestingly singled-out as the only actor who gets credit at the bottom.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
it looks like they used the VHS art(?-I cant quite resolve that) by mistake-or they had no other to slap up...

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
For the love of God, I hope and pray they use the one on the right. I'd love to have a poster of that one as well...

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
it looks like the one on the left is designed to appeal to the VHS/Joe Sixpack crowd. My vote is for the 'Euro' cover...

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I've received my reviewcopy for Once Upon A Time In The West from Paramount last Thursday and I can tell you they used the coverart on the right as originally announced.
It's a nice looking package and I can't wait to see it !

Joel C

Screenwriter
Well, that cover was supposed to be the international artwork. There's no telling yet what the US art will look like.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Only the US Paramount disc would have their banner across the top front cover-none of the Euro covers Ive seen do-and they look even cooler.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm bringing this thread back up because I want to purchase this set...

I recently sold my Canadian 2-disc CE in a large lot w/ other titles because it retails fairly low and the bilingual packaging used to bother me.

I figured I'd simply jump over to Digital Eyes website or something and rebuy the 2-disc Collector's Edition, but to my horror... the cover art listed is different!

I just want to know if retailers like Video Universe and Digital Eyes have the wrong listings or if Paramount reissued this set with alternate cover art for some odd reson?

Also, since my version was Canadian, I'm wondering if it was only the non-US Collector's Sets that came with the fantastgic looking Euro covers?

I'm beginning to worry that I shouldn't have let my set go, I'd rather take the bilingual packaging than this ugly revised cover art that stores are listing.

Can anyone please help... has anyone actually seen this giant Charles Bronson head cover in stores and is this what I will get if I order from Digital Eyes or Video Universe?

Thanks.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I picked up this title a couple of months back and this is the cover that it had. To my knowledge, it's the only one available here in the states.

I hope this helps.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Porifirio,

That was the cover I had over here as well... except with French text on the spine that I hated!

Why are retailers like Digital Eyes and Video Universe listing alternate cover art though?

I just want to know whether it's possible that Paramount reissued this set and revised the covers at all?

I'm glad to hear that the cover you posted is the only one you've seen in the States, I just wanted to confirm so that I'd be safe in ordering through Digital Eyes... I still don't understand why the Charles Bronson head is listed at various sources though?

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
To the best of my recollection, the cover was redesigned before its original release. I don't think the cover in post #1 ever hit the street in the U.S.

-Scott

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Scott,

So you're saying that the cover art listed in the first post was an early design that was later revised before Paramount released the DVD, and the online retailers selling these have mistakenly listed the early cover designs that were never made?

If so, terrific - I'll get my order in this afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks