1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

New cover art for Leone's West?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TerryW, Sep 19, 2003.

1. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG][​IMG]

On left- new art from DDD site. On right- announced art.

2. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

The Paramount press site is still showing the original artwork. Thank goodness too, because that one on the left is horrible!

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    If it has been changed, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

But I do see Charles Bronson is interestingly singled-out as the only actor who gets credit at the bottom.

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

it looks like they used the VHS art(?-I cant quite resolve that) by mistake-or they had no other to slap up...

5. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    For the love of God, I hope and pray they use the one on the right. I'd love to have a poster of that one as well...

6. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

it looks like the one on the left is designed to appeal to the VHS/Joe Sixpack crowd. My vote is for the 'Euro' cover...

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

let's hope they stick to the original artwork for the dvd.

8. Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart Second Unit

I've received my reviewcopy for Once Upon A Time In The West from Paramount last Thursday and I can tell you they used the coverart on the right as originally announced.
    It's a nice looking package and I can't wait to see it !

9. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

great news Quint

[​IMG]

10. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    Not according to thedigitalbits [​IMG]

---
    So many films, so little time...

11. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Only the US Paramount disc would have their banner across the top front cover-none of the Euro covers Ive seen do-and they look even cooler.

12. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'm bringing this thread back up because I want to purchase this set...

I recently sold my Canadian 2-disc CE in a large lot w/ other titles because it retails fairly low and the bilingual packaging used to bother me.

I figured I'd simply jump over to Digital Eyes website or something and rebuy the 2-disc Collector's Edition, but to my horror... the cover art listed is different!

I just want to know if retailers like Video Universe and Digital Eyes have the wrong listings or if Paramount reissued this set with alternate cover art for some odd reson?

Also, since my version was Canadian, I'm wondering if it was only the non-US Collector's Sets that came with the fantastgic looking Euro covers?

I'm beginning to worry that I shouldn't have let my set go, I'd rather take the bilingual packaging than this ugly revised cover art that stores are listing.

Can anyone please help... has anyone actually seen this giant Charles Bronson head cover in stores and is this what I will get if I order from Digital Eyes or Video Universe?

Thanks.

13. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

I picked up this title a couple of months back and this is the cover that it had. To my knowledge, it's the only one available here in the states.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps.

14. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Porifirio,

That was the cover I had over here as well... except with French text on the spine that I hated!

Why are retailers like Digital Eyes and Video Universe listing alternate cover art though?

I just want to know whether it's possible that Paramount reissued this set and revised the covers at all?

I'm glad to hear that the cover you posted is the only one you've seen in the States, I just wanted to confirm so that I'd be safe in ordering through Digital Eyes... I still don't understand why the Charles Bronson head is listed at various sources though?

15. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

No problem. Glad I could help. [​IMG]

16. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

To the best of my recollection, the cover was redesigned before its original release. I don't think the cover in post #1 ever hit the street in the U.S.

-Scott

17. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Scott,

So you're saying that the cover art listed in the first post was an early design that was later revised before Paramount released the DVD, and the online retailers selling these have mistakenly listed the early cover designs that were never made?

If so, terrific - I'll get my order in this afternoon!